Tiger lilly time

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Love the looks of these,orange is a hot tropical looking color,that really catches your eyes.
I know a lot of people don't like them,and yes there are somewhat invasive,but what isn't anymore!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I love them anyway. They are invase but I keep it in check by just pulling some out or they would take over my rock garden. I just leave enough to make it interesting.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

They are beautiful and I don't have any so I hope someone offers them for trade in the fall. It's too hot to plant anything right now.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Judy

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Judy when your ready let me know,have some to share!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Me too! I would love some...I can't seem to find anyone with these. I thought I had purchased some several years ago, but either they died and never came out, or they were labeld incorrectly. Let me know if you want something in trade or if you would like postage.
Thanks!
JanetS

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep you too!
What you have for trade?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Tropicman, that tiger lily is beautiful. I haven't grown any tiger lilies because I had read that they can carry a virus that can infect other lilies like Asiatics and Orientals. Do you know if that is true? I would love to grow some tigers but I sure don't want to infect all the other lilies I have.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well I've been growing them,and have never noticed any virus on any other lillies,and mine are growing among all my lillies as well.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I had heard that to and was concerned, but another DG told me they just don't show symptoms like other lilies do, so you may not know it if they are infected. He said he grows them with no problem, so if you recieve healthy stock it should be ok.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

The problem is that you can't tell if you have received healthy stock because it won't show up on the tiger lilies but will spread to other types of lilies. I don't have a bed where I can just grow tigers - I have different types of lilies spread throughout all of my beds. That is why I haven't grown the tigers; as much as I would love to I am afraid of infecting all my other lilies. :^(

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

What kind of virus is this? Reason I ask is I have 3 or 4 tiger lilies in my lily garden. I bought them from buggycrazy under the name of L. Henri, but I can't find anything online about that species. Maybe they're two different lilies. Not sure.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

If you Google 'tiger lily virus' you will find a lot of information. The virus is lily mosaic virus. This site says any tiger lilies sold commercially today have to be mosaic virus free.
http://www.killerplants.com/weird-plants/20030515.asp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.