Molly's RU

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

When do you think she'll show?

This was a good idea patischell.....

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Now Hap, you know I don't stand alone in this. When she shows up and sees the title on this thread we are ALL in for it! LOL
Pati

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Wish it was on the weekend. We could all get a convoy going and show up in front of her house! It would be worth the trip.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Sure, it's on the weekend....pick one....LOL this is getting better and better...I knew I could count on you pati....you're dangerous...and budgie,, you're not far behind.....

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Nancy, Pati, Jan,

You've been talking about me all day I see. A poor girl gets up at 6 in the morning, works until 6:30 at night, missed lunch, gets stuck under a desk painting a support column.......

I'm so happy we are planning another round up! Actually Hap started this idea and she mentioned November. I would still like to have the Central/South Fla round up again in February up at Lake Okeechobee like we did last year, but we can have this one and call it the South Florida Roundup.

Let's get some ideas going here and then we can post over in the roundup forum once all the decisions are made.

Now my first vote would be to have it here at my house. It's pretty easy to get to, not far off I95 and if we decide to go to a couple nurseries, I95 and I595 makes the trips there quick and easy. I also vote that Hap help with the organization, she is really good at that.

So let's have some more votes, Best Month, Best day (probly Saturday) of course we have to have food.

I have a sleeper sofa if someone travels far and needs to stay.

So let's hear from ya now.

Molly
:^)))

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Molly.....you're taking it better than I thought...ROTFL....

Of course I will help....I'm retired now ya know.... I say we just pick a weekend and whoever can come will come.....this far ahead everyone can plan....Looking at a calendar, I suggest.

Saturday.....November 12, 2005....it's the middle of the month and my calendar shows no holidays....

As we get closer we will figure out the food situation....I think that the people closest should bring the food and the travelers should take care of the drinks, paperware, chairs, nothing that will get anyone sick...

I also volunteer my home as base and have a room to spare..

Hoping that it will be a biggie, I think that we really should consider a park. We have several near the expressways. I guess that the "we" is me now...LOL Glad to do it...OK Molly?

I'm going to start a thread for it...Plan ahead I always say.....(I'm a little anal too)

Hap

Here we go...come on to the party.....

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524949/

This message was edited Jun 29, 2005 8:57 PM

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

A park is a good idea if we have more than just a few people.

We went to the RU at FlaJaxGardeners house, nice little crowd, toured his garden and Sugarweeds too. But they lived in walking distance from each other.

So Broward County will be the central point. Let's see how much interest we get and then figure for a park if we need to.

I'm getting excited. I really enjoyed putting together the last one.

Molly
:^)))

Lakeland, FL

Well Molly, Ya know we will come. Can Lucy come to? Marilynne

Well, If I leave here about 4 am I could probably make breakfast but may want to crash somewhere for the night.
Jan...

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

November 12th is a great date! The preceeding Saturday I have school and the following Saturday is Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden's Ramble--A Garden Festival.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Ah,,,,do you think that it would be good to change the date so we would hit Fairchild's party?

That sounds like fun. All the years I lived down there I was more into horses and show dogs than gardening so never went to any of the gardens. (unless you count Monkey Jungle)
Jan...

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Hi Everyone! Nice meeting Nancy & Molly today. Count me in on your RU. If you need any help, I'm retired too. By that time of the year I may have a room available too.
Art

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

WOW, thanks Art....This should be a great RU....

Hap

Bump

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.