No name, but my 'first' lillies

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Don't know who they are, know I sent one in a trade. They were marked "pixie lillies" when I got them last year. They divided, they grew, they bloomed. These babies are all mine. :) Next year I'll even have more than one variety in bloom!!!

-=Lu

Thumbnail by LuLuLocks
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's really a cutie!

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

I fear they are the first step on the path to the dark side....

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Uh oh, you've been infected too huh? Well, just don't go into the daylily, iris, or dahlia forums, OK? That's just a warning. I started DG a year ago and did not have a single daylily or dahlia......now I have 62 daylilies and 60 dahlias! This year I've ordered a ton of irises and I am working on an order for more lilies. It's very infectious here!!

Mendy :-)

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

LOL, too late. The dahlia bug won't get me so badly tho....hafta dig them here.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, that's the only "bad" thing about dahlias. I might have to dig mine too cuz we get A LOT of rain. Some have said that they just mulch them really well though.....I'll have to try it on a few of them.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Muwaahahaahaaaaa..... the dark side.... Then there are those wonderful smelly Orientals.... come closer, my child.... ;)

Thumbnail by Moby
Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

mgh: I am able to visit the famed Newport Mansions with their ancient gardens and their famed dahlia display. I highly highly recommend it, if anyone ever visits RI. Every summer there is a Garden Tour package, that visits several. Astounding. Sometimes its all rain, sometimes its all snow, never can tell here. The one thing I can count on here, in my little valley, is that we'll be colder than everyone else.

Moby: Found bloomed out orientals at a local grower, 2/1.00. Bought oodles, traded a ton, planted at least 10 stargazers, 4 creamy white, 4 red, and 5 solid pink/violet. Most had little bulblets starting. So, the collection has started. I'm hoping/preparing for rigorous oriental trading one of these days.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Woohoo!

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Today, I found yellow!

Thumbnail by LuLuLocks
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

LuLuLocks, compare pictures and see if you think they are the same.

Mine are called "Sugar Babies" asiatic

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Hmmm, could be. Mine don't seem super fragrant, and are about knee high. Sound about right?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

No fragrance and the height is right.

Maxine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.