Viburnum

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

New thread-great idea! I've been going through Forestfarm's 10 pages of Viburum choices and where does a greedy plant hog like me begin? I'm trying to narrow it down by requiring fragrance, but I still love doublefiles and the snowball types. I'm surrounded by woods, so I see them all working as beatiful transitions from garden to nature.

Donna, hope to see pics of the way you've used your viburnums in your lovely garden. And I wanted to tell you, I saw your pic in the brug forum, and you sure don't look 80! I hope gardening is your recipe for staying youthful; it makes me hopeful, LOL.
Neal.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Stressbaby: are you really Karnak the Magnificent? Consider it done, and edited for content. I refuse to link to the aforementioned website, because it then gunks up somebody else's computer. DG deserves its own unique dialogues.

First viburnum salvo is fired across the bow, rutholive/DonnaS. I garden in the great humid Ohio River valley region, so personal comments on individual viburnum choices may not apply to you in WA, but general behaviors (as in pollination, propagation, and provenance) apply universally.

I'd be happy to peruse questions/issues of what goes with what, but in the new threads where more eyes may be prying.

Geminisage: same answer to you. Ask/answer in a new thread, so that more may benefit. I'd have some very pertinent things to say to you about viburnum, since you're just an hour and a half down the road.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

OK, edited again for repeat posting. Hope I'm not the only doofus on the boards today.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2006 4:58 PM

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

This message was edited Jan 15, 2006 8:21 PM

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

No, the doofus is hiding somewhere in Dave's server. We all are having the same problems these past two days.

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I see the doofus is STILL hiding somewhere in Dave's server!

Guy S.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2006 8:22 PM

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Neal, thankyou so much for the age compliment. I have gardened all my life, first at home helping my parents and then at my own home after marriage. And also lived in fresh country air all my life.

Be sure to let us all know when and where the new thread begins on Viburnums..

DonnaS

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

No, the doofus is hiding somewhere in Dave's server. We all are having the same problems these past two days.

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Lo and behold, the doofus strikes again!
Sorry folks -- Dave, can't you fix this mess?

Guy S.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2006 8:24 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.