A big thank you to Drdon and Pam

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Don and Pam,
Thank you so very much for your hospitality and for sharing your home with all of us. That was so special. I felt just like I've known all of you for years and am so glad I got to make it to the RU. I came home with more than I went with but that's always ok. Look forward to seeing everyone again real soon. Thanks again. (((((((((((Don & Pam))))))))))))

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Louise, do you get a prize for first post? Hugs from this corner, too. We had a great time.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just got home around before 4 pm and when I left Don and Pam that no one touch the carrot cakes yet!
I made the BBQ Chicken Wings and Salmon Cakes....

Oh well, I got lost on street then turn around and go back that street again then I final got it out lol!

Thanks for to see all the nice peoples....

Rusty (aka SnowElk)
Anna

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, sorrry Rusty56. I was so full that I didn't have room for so many other stuff, including the hamburger, which is supposed to be the main dish. :). But I had a lot of the chickens. We loved it.

We (my mom, my sister, and I) had a perfect time: nice weather, wonderful food and deserts, nice plants and seeds, great welcome from the hosts (Don and Pam), beautiful place, friendly and nice people.

Don: My mom is very happy with the papaya plants. Thank you so much.

Enclosed is the picture of what I brought home.

~Eliza~

Thumbnail by kateliza_id

Rusty, the carrot cake had a hole in it when I left! And the chicken was great, too.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Carrot Cake got hole in it! Oh wow! Something poke through the foil pan! LOL!

Maybe, next time I use the bake pan!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea, I won!!! What plant do I get? I didn't have as far to drive as many of you and just couldn't resist being the first! But I meant every word of it.
Thanks everyone who gave me plants. It was wonderful putting faces to the names. The food was great! I had 2 salmon cakes! Thanks Rusty and I'm sorry I didn't have your carrot cake.
Liza, I was behind you on the freeway...you need to slow down girl!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to add this...(((((((((((((All that were at the Roundup))))))))))))))

This message was edited Jun 25, 2005 6:58 PM

Crossville, TN

What a great time I had....and DGD, Amy said she enjoyed it very much....Don and Pam....you were the greatest hosts...and would you please thank your crew for us. They were so nice. Norma (carasualady) got away with our me telling her bye...and she missed out on the group pictures.

Speaking of pictures...please post them at this thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/rounduppix/ Share them with all the other DG's. Jo

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Wonderful, wonderful time!!!

I am so pooped and tired but it was so worth everybit of it. I chatted so much (so what's new) lol, and I didn't get to sit down very much. Everytime I sat, I would see someone else to talk with.

Our host Don and his wonderful wife Pam were outstanding hosts. Their ranch hands were so helpful and nice. They carried everyone plants, coolers, chairs and food from our little shuttle, up the stairs to the top level of the garden area. Thank you gentleman for all your kindness and help.

There were so many new faces this year, and I enjoyed talking with everyone. I can't even begin to tell you about all the new people I met today, but it sure was nice to put some faces with these names. There were several very new members there and I hope they all had a good time. Now they can see what a friendly place DG is.

Oh, and what a big surprise we had when JessieK and her DH showed up. They live in North Carolina and her DH just happened to be in Temecula on business. I enjoyed talking to them very much. I told them about the beautiful beaches here in my home town and they just might take a trip up here tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to come to our RU.

To all the great people I met today, thank you for coming and I hope everyone had a great time. I know I made a few new garden friends today.

Thank you again Don and Pam ,
Hugs to you both,
Donna

San Diego, CA

What a great afternoon!
Sorry, didn't read this thread before making a new one for photos....

oh well......

Thanks to Don and Pam, the perfect hosts.....just wish Pam would not have worked so hard all day......and what a lovely Ranch....absolute heaven.

I truely enjoyed meeting everyone....
Can't wait to do it all again.......

Hayward, CA(Zone 9b)

The carrot cake got a hole in it because Tammie couldn't resist it! LOL She CUT a hole in it.

She tells me it was abloutely YUMMY. It is here favorite.

Thanks again to Don and Pam. I'm sure you have enough leftovers to feed the crew for a week.

Also, Jo (Roadrunner) I can't seem to find that recipe for your Cream Cheese snacks. Tammie has made personal threats to me if I can't get my hands on that so she can reproduce that heavenly delight. Can someone post a link to it's location?

We took the scenic route home and drove home to Ramona through the mountains - What a beautiful conclusion to an absolutely wonderful day. When we stopped in Santa Ysabell, we may have converted the proprietor of one of the little antique shops. We told her all about the roundup, showed her all the plant trades, toured her garden. Look for a new forum member soon.

We are lookining forward to doing this again!

Dave & Tammie

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

LOL! No wonder why she love carrot cake...

I hope all of the DG's Round-UP enjoy it...

Thanks Don & Pam! It's so wonderful animals and gardens....

Rusty (this is my first time to join DG's Round-Up hope meet again...)

Dave,

Here is the recipe for Jo's cheesecake: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/521505/

You bet I'll also be making this soon. It was so creamy and yummy. Thanks Jo for bringing it.

Donna

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Don and Pam,
Thank you again!! What wonderful and gracious people you both are and what a fabulous ranch. I am sure the horses ar looking forward to a day with fewer "2 legged horses" milling about. It was a wonderful day. You spoiled us all.
Janice

Oh and Anna, Last i saw the carrot cake, Pam was taking it to the kitchen and saying something about breakfast.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2005 8:27 AM

Cheesecake!? I missed cheesecake? Waaahhhhhh!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It so yummy on cheesecake rolls!

Crossville, TN

Ya'll are too kind!! But they were good, huh?

I had a hard time going to sleep last night...thinking over the good time we had...then I got to thinking "we didn't even offer Don's crew something to eat!!" I mentioned it to Amy and she siad....Oh yes we did...Pam was filling plates and I helped her deliver them to the crew....*whew* a load off my mind....I would hate it if they didn't get some of that good food. Jo

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya roadrunner,

Amy helped Pam bring some of that wonderful food to the guys. They ate well and were happy to have been properly included in the festivities. Amy was/is fabulous, and a thoughtful, caring person. It's good to know that she's out there keeping us safe. Thanks so much for bringing her.

best,
Don

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I have to send a thank you from "king" hummer as well. He and I had coffee on the patio this am. He had to check out the plants on the table-part of his territory dont you know?- and low and behold there were a couple of new blooming salvias. Now mind you, none are over 4" tall but he found those flowers and came in for a nip. I think he approved and has been guarding the table. The other hummers are not allowed inside the patio, so I had best put those salvias out in the garden before I am not allowed in there either.

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

A few years ago I was on a lounge on the back porch reading the Sunday paper. I kept hearing this very high pitched chirp and finally looked away from the paper. A humingbird was not 6 inches from my head looking me over.

I have large patches of sage in my wild back and have lots of hummingbirds around.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya frogsrus,

Now that's a hummer with an eye for his/her territory. I'm so glad that the salvias will keep him in nectar for the forseeable future. It was so kind of you to come as early as you did so that I could release a little nervous energy by walking with you around the ranch. As gracious as you say that Pam and I were/are, there is no comparison to the "first to come, last to leave" concern and graciousness you showed us. Thank you for putting this thing together with SoCal and kaperc and I'm grateful to have had the pleasure of your company during a wonderful day.

Thank you Janice, from both of us,
Don

btw. Miss Fiona can knock at the gates any day at 6am....lol. Heck we've already fed and are cleaning by then, it's practically afternoon around here...lol.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I grew up feeding the household livestock in the early am and never managed to kick the habit of early rising. I still get up at 5. It always amazes me that people can say "early" and mean 10 or 11 am.

I can see Fiona and Elliot walking down the road now sorting out life.

With a smile,
Janice

I have posted some photo's here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524248/
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.