Seedlings

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

These are my first attempt at growing from seed. They seem a little spindly to me. Is this normal for seedlings to look like this? There are tomatoes, broccoli, acorn squash, cucumber, cantelope, and herbs.

Thumbnail by Judy81350
Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

Not sure how well you'll be able to see these seedlings.

Thumbnail by Judy81350
Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Judy, I'm not sure what your light source is, but it looks to me as though the little guys are stretching up overmuch ("getting leggy") for light. Strong direct light from just a plain old shop light, not more than 2 inches above the plants, will make stronger, stockier seedlings.

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

My light source is the overhead sky light. I thought that would be enough, but wasn't sure. I hope I can save them.

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Been there, done that. ;) Maybe this will help answer some of your questions about the broccoli, anyway. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/492209/

Donna

P.S. I ended up restarting my broccoli and used a grow light, as Zeppy suggested. It helped tremendously!

This message was edited Jun 24, 2005 11:19 AM

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much for the info. I'm going there now. I am going to get a grow light tomorrow. Maybe I can use some popsicle sticks to give them support. No? lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.