How much does a dream cost?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I guess I could post this in lots of different forums...but maybe only you guys would appreciate it. LOL

Details to follow!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Can I guess?? Property?That would be my dream!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, you guys know I have been talking about moving out to the country for awhile. I want to have a nursery (perennials, grasses, some tropicals, daylilies, etc.) in a good school district, on plenty of land for me and the kids. I want to make money doing what I love-gardening. Asking a lot, huh?? We went and looked at a property yesterday. It is in an excellent school district, has one more bedroom than we have now. The out buildings are in bad shape except for the workshop/garage which has 200 amp new electrical service and a separate box. LOL The outbuildings would have to come down BUT the floors are seriously built up with manure-in both the chicken house and livestock house. How's that for a bonus? woooo hooo!

The house is in good shape, was built in 80 and all it needs is cleaned and painted. It sits fairly flat on the ground, on a crawl space with no basement which is good cuz hubby can't take the steps anymore. Because of the layout, it would be very easy to build onto. This place has so much potential! It is not the kind of place you see in Homearama. LOL It's the kind of place you could easily call home, plan a future in and easily dream of all the things you could do with it. And it sits on 7.28 acres. I can have everything I have where I am now, in the middle of nowhere but 12 minutes from the grocery and McDonalds! LOL

Wanna see?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is part of the front *yard*. LOL That house over there is the closest neighbor on that side. :) The property goes back to the trees all the way around.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Panning left

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This is the actual front yard and the house. I could finally have that front yard shade garden I have been wanting. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

The lane!!!! Show them the lane that will be lined with Daylilies!!!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Going further to the left. You can see the 24x32 garage/workshop and some of the outbuildings that would become gardens. :)

Thumbnail by Badseed
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I looks like the perfect set-up! Just make sure you have a home inspector inspect it before you buy it... ;) I envision fields of daylilies...... ;)

Diann

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Patience, patience!

This is all the way to the left. I'd have neighbors on the other side of those trees.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Ticker! We would definately have it inspected. We were told the furnace and a/c are new. The roof is new. The appliances all stay except for the fridge (which is already gone). If we go ahead with this, we would switch the ones we have at this house with the ones from the property. We are really attached to our appliances and they are all only 1 year old. LOL

For Melissa, who dearly loves 'the lane'. :)

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Can someone please get those people off MY grass??? Hey buddy, you are missing a kid!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My "car" even looks good with the house. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

No need to take my ditch lilies or poison ivy. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Finally! Somewhere I can keep all my tools!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I could actually, really be full of *it*.

Thumbnail by Badseed

seed,did you get my mail?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll go look in a sec. I have not been 'home'.

Did I mention free water??

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Future winery? LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, I guess I better go see what I can get done here, then figure out some creative financing. LOL Anybody sitting on 30K they don't need? bwah hahah ha ha

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Looks good, lot of potential, lot of space!!!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

I really hope you can pull it off, Michelle!! That would be great to have all that space for gardening and for your girls.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

That looks wonderful, I sure hope you get it!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Go for it! What a great place to raise kids and make your dream come true. I can picture the gardens already. Can I come to visit some day?

Susan

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

OMG! This is my dream too, so I will live vicariously through you! All of that land.........oh what a great nursery it would be! Not to mention.......a new pond.........a huge tropical bed...........borders and borders of perennials..........

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

What a dream it would be! I see fences and horses! Oh, and gardens too! LOL Well, ya gotta do something with what comes out of them. ;-) Looks like you have that covered with what's in the outbuildings.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A dream?? That looks like Heaven!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Is the 30K you mentioned the down payment? cause if it;s the full price I'm selling the house and moving to Ohio! LOL
Beautiful property Michelle, I hope you are able to swing it.

Marc

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Sigh...someday.
What a wonderful place to raise kids and garden to your hearts content!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Looks great 'chele! only 30K? That's a steal for the house and over 7 acres!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Marc and Joan! I wish! That is the down payment. The issue is not that we can't afford the other house but that we would have to pay for both while we empty this one and move to that one. I plan to leave many plants behind, but all my collections would go with me. I have some calls out to various people and am waiting for more information. If I don't get this house, it will be alright (yeah, right!) but if we do, it would be a dream come true.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

This is the perfect Chele house, it has your name written all over the yard. This is something you have looked for forever. I think you should go for it even it if means you are farther away from me. I see room in that garage for a bedroom for me. lol OR even better a place you can have a Beauty Shop. Do your nursery and that both. You wanted to do both things here is your chance. Chele you have wanted this so long and everything is what you wanted almost. Go for it!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Mystic, do you think she might fix up one of those out buildings for visitors? We could earn our keep as 'daylily wranglers'. ;)

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Moby, lol well we might just have to invade and fix up one for ourselves. lol

Royston, GA(Zone 7b)

Ooo Badseed I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you will be able to get your dream to come true. =) I can see why you have so many ideas running through your head!

Best of luck!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

praying you get your dream home .
darn it looks good. iam too old for country living but i want to raise chickens again ?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

OK, mystic ~ I with ya! I always have my trusty ol' nail bag at the ready.

Thumbnail by Moby
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looks to me like you will have to go back to being a bobcat cowboy.
Your kids look like they belong in that nice big yard. Room for a ball diamond or soccer field.
Seriously, is it on a main road where you could have a nursery/garden center ? Close to a big town? Any tough zoning laws to worry about?
Anyway, hope it works out for you!
Bernie

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Michelle,

Look around for women's clubs, societies, fraternal organizations, etc. Many times they will give a "scholarship" or a grant to a woman starting a business. You could end up with capital you didn't count on and don't even have to pay back! The business would most likely need to be in your name, etc, but there are some fantastic opportunities for help out there! Don't stop in Ohio either, look nationally....I'm not joking, you could get money from many places! And of course....we will all send you starts of things to get you up and going! Go for it, and may God bless this for you!

Karen

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

So, now I understand that it 's more than 30K. Heck, I was almost ready to buy it myself. LOL

Managing two payments until you got yours sold would be a problem I'm guessing. It would be for us. But, I would start right trying to secure the financing and taking divisions of the plants you want to keep and potting them up or taking them to a friends house to keep until you can get it all done.

I have half of a 1/2 acre garden empty (that's 1/4 acre), if you need to send off some zone 4 hardy ones to keep until you get settled. I have plants for a couple other people that I'm keeping until they have a place for them. A DG'er is one that I'm growing her hostas for until she gets settled into a permanent place, and the other is a coworker that I'm raising iris for until her house gets finished.

See, that's the joy of having 5+ acres, you can plant everything you ever wanted, plus store plants for people and get to enjoy them in the meantime. And, it sounds like you want to start a Garden Center. Wonderful! You'd be so good at it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.