Very similar looking to a tiger lilly

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

but white,the flower even is looking down like the tiger lilly

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Those are so pretty! I am really starting to like white more and more in my borders. So nice in the twilight, and in moonlight!! Thank-you for sharing those lilies.

I have not been growing lilies very long, only 2 years, but this looks just like my 'Star Gazer - White form' lilies I got as a freebie with a lily order. Do they have fragrance??

Jamie

This message was edited Jun 21, 2005 8:49 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Just a very faint fragrance,nothing to get excited about,there very short in height,under 4ft,and the leaves look very much like the tiger lilly.When the moon is glowing so are these!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Could it be the Asiatic callled 'White Butterflies'? Very pretty!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

No,its in the lillum family,for the flower points down like the tiger lilly,and its petals have the curling,like the tigers.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

there are some asiatics that hang ,and look simalar to tigers
http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/asiatic_white_1.html

gemini_sage is right ,white butterflies does look very close

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Looks identical to this pic ~ http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/381878-product.html

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Most asiatic lilies used to have recurved downwards facing flowers until hybridizing created unspotted, upward facing, non-recurved flowers. For a long time, this was what people wanted, but now the nodding flowers with spots and recurved flowers are on the rebound. It is not only tiger lilies which have those flower shapes. Species lilies such as Henryi provide common traits to many such lilies.

Very pretty. My guess would be an asiatic lily with species lilies close in it's parentage.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I want everything on that paige from The Lily Garden! My lily passion has been going in the direction of pendulous, recurved blooms this year(among others of course!). Want that whole Heirloom Lace series. I put in 'Scherherezade' this spring from there, and they are about 5' tall with 3-6buds each. That height will really show off the recurved blooms.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes it does look a lot like white butterflies,tells you how much I know which my sister told me,that its asiatic faces up and lillum face down!!!I'm sure she was comparing asiatics to the stargazers.
G-Sage,I'm with you loved all the lillies on that page!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.