Voodoo Lily all leafed out soo big!!!!!!!

Lakeland, FL

It is about 14 in. tall and still growing.

Thumbnail by corky59
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's looking good ~ it will be fun to see it bloom.

Lakeland, FL

Thank You I had 3 more and they came up and fell over? Have no clue why. Weird. Marilynne

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I just love these! How long do they take to bloom?

Lakeland, FL

Well, don't quote me-- but I was told up to three years, sooo this is the second year for this one and trust me-- I look in it every day ha ha. Marilynne aka, Corky

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm new to these.. so someone else'll have to verify this, but I have some amorphophallus (do you know what genus yours are?) which looks exactly the same.. The last two years I planted them, they bloomed before they leafed out.. In fact the entire bloom died away before the leaf started to emerge from the ground. I also noted that if I didn't get them potted and outside early enough in the spring (I don't believe they're hardy in my zone, but now that I've said that I have to admit I never looked it up; I've been digging them like alocasias in the fall) really large bulbs would skip the flower and go right to the leaves. I hope this is right and/or it pertains to your plants... I know a lot about some things but obviously I have a lot to learn.. these plants fall into that category.

Lakeland, FL

This is the second year for mone to grow. I was told that they bloomed here in Fla. the 3rd. year. I typed in voodoo lily in google to get info on mine. I have no clue what species mine is. Also called corpse lily. Marilynne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.