#3 New Morning Glorys 2005

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

For Emma and all our picutre posters here is our new thread...........

and this new beauty.........man oh man..............
Who can name it???

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I have no idea, but it sure is pretty.

The pictures I posted yesterday came from a Japanese website that Brugie told me about last year. I saved the pictures and don't remember the name of the website. Maybe Shirley will remember. If I remember correctly, the pictures were taken at a Japanese morning glory show. I remember that I emailed the person that had the website to see if it was possible to get the seeds, but they said they didn't grow them.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Anybody reconize this? For some reason it is marked ipomoea kitalensis, I can't find anything on that, maybe the spelling is wrong or somebody is pulling my leg!!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I have one similar so how about this............this one is Blue Star..........It was in a mix from Arlene and has a Pink Star in the mix with it. Some people call these "Milky Ways" but they are not. I have another that is somewhat lighter in color and a little bigger that I am told is Blue Denim..........

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is another I bought from a lady on e-bay that was suppose to be "Indigo Feathers" and this is what produced instead. I did get one bloom off another vine that was somewhat featherd an it died after producing the one flower.
As you can see it looks pretty well like yours...........so I would say we still don't know exactly what you have. If I had to guess I would say yours is "Blue Star".

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the other awesome bloom from a different vine
that was greeting me this morning. . .
Hot Pink Frost #029
Again, Looks like my 'Real Plum Frost',
except in Hot Pink with same markings

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Dee, Thanks for the new Thread.
Your first bloom posted could be Calystegia Sepium
Maybe one of these at this link
http://www.exot-nutz-zier.de/impressionen_convolvulaceae_ca.htm

Now, I need to choose one of my Beautiful Crosses to name after my
Beautiful 93-Year Old Mother who passed away today at 1PM:
'Nettie Mae'

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

((((Emma))))) I don't know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family this day.
It is such a blessing to have had such a long life and to be so loved.
My God Bless You this day..........

Dee

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Emma, your pink one is very lovely :)....(((((Emma)))), you have my deepest sympathy.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Emma, My thoughts are with you this evening. You have my deepest sympathy.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh Emma, my sympathies are with you!!! I hope you have a beauty to name after your Mother!!!
My Uncle Bob passed also on friday, he was only 62, I dont' think however, a morning glory would like to be named after him LOL, BUT Nettie Mae that is a gorgeous name!!!!
Hugs to you dear
~Laurrie

My sympathies to you, Laurrie, and to you, Emma, on the loss of your relatives. Your DG family grieves with you. Hugs....from Joseph

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss, Emma. God blessed your mother with a long life, and she must have been something special to raise such a kind and generous daughter. There is nothing quite so sad as the loss of your mother, as I know quite well. I will keep you in my prayers today.

Laurrie, I'm so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing as well. Sixty-two is much too young.

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh,Emma.My deepest sympathies are with you.Losing your mother is so hard.You will be in my prayers.
As will you,Laurrie.So sorry for your loss.
Gail

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks all for the sympathies.

Dee, whatever that first photo is - I call it gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pic with us.

~Laurrie

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Laurrie, I will post later what it is unless someone comes up with the answer.....LOL.....maybe. I am just giving folks a chance to see it and a chance to try and find what it is. It is on the web and giving the chance someone will find it.
When will your blooms be ready to show off, they should be getting close?

Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Dee,gotta show us a leaf! My guess is Calystegia macrostegia .

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL..........sorry...............guess again.....

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

C. sepium?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Ipomoea sagittata
Do we get a prize? LOL!

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

I want candy!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry................if you or someone else gets it...........I will let you know. And I will see If I may have a prize for you............I'll send something special when my seed come in.
SOOOOO keep playing

Dee

edited to change "are to or"........LOL............i'm getting worse and worse in my ole age...............

This message was edited Jun 20, 2005 7:47 AM

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Convolvulus arvensis?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

%#*#! Gail that was my next guess. I am getting weary looking at them all!!

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

You and me both! Think we're obsessive!!!?
How about "hakahukabukmifumeushi"

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Convolvulus arvensis.................Bingo......... golgi...............you win....
Did Ron e-mail and tell you?????............sure hope he's right because I don't know what the botonical name is.

Comman name is Geeeeezzzz I forgot................I gotta go and find it.....dangit I hate when that happens.....
dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL!! Nope,haven't heard from Ron in months. Like luvsgrtdanes, I pored over every picture on the internet of every species of ipomoea,convolvulus or Calystegia.I have a headache!
(feild bindweed?)

Redding, CA(Zone 8b)

What beautiful MG's. I just started growing some of the new (new to me)varieties this year. I run out every morning to see what is blooming. This one has been interesting, with blooms that are sometimes violet steaked, other times dark purple and sometimes blue. Our wind here is so hard on them.
I purchased the seed as "Tie Dye Blue". I love the variegated leaves.

Thumbnail by Bareroots
Redding, CA(Zone 8b)

Today was the first day my Convolvulus ‘Ensign’ bloomed. Hooray.

Thumbnail by Bareroots

[How about "hakahukabukmifumeushi"] Gesundheit, Gail LOL

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok Gail, remind me when I start getting my seed and if there is some special seed you want that I have let me know................
Thanks for playing.............LOL..........gotcha!!!!!

This is my "Blue Silk" this morning. I got the seed from
"Moonlighting"............isn't she such a sweetheart to share
with me.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2005 1:04 PM

Thumbnail by WillowWasp

Thank you everyone for all of the condolenses.
I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers for me.

Dee, your Blue Silk is just beautiful.

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

OK,Dee.I'd like a new washer and dryer.
I'd just like to thank all you Texas gals for sharing all these photos with us northern folks,who are so far behind,It makes the wait for OUR blooms so much more tolerable. I feel like I'm taking a walk out to my garden and experiencing the thrill of a newly opened glory personally!
I think one of these days,we should make our own Morning glory database,as there are more pictures on our threads than anywhere else on the net.And don't forget to put these new ones in the plant files! We have listings over there with no pics.
Thanks,
Gail

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Gail thanks so much, I am soooo sorry but I am fresh out of washer and dryer seed.....LOL..........hope to have more next year but I had a massive crop failure this year and the prospects of any new seed is grim to none...........Just soooo sorry.....

I am glad you mentioned the database because I was looking into doing just that. I would like to start a Web-Site for Morning Glories only. SO if you have ideas let me know and maybe we can get this up and going this year.

Anyone else have any suggestions, let me know......
Thanks for everyone posting photos, this helps us all see what beautiful flowers these are.....
Best Wishes

Dee

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Great minds.....

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Dee I only wish my blooms were getting ready, with a slight later start here I have at the highest right now perhaps 6-8 inches with no buds in sight!! I did however plant tons of pots on 6-12 and on 6-14 they germinated and that was with no nicking or soaking, they are not yet even with the true leaves. Patience I keep telling myself, I have to drool like this every year while waiting to see any here.

I love looking at the beautiful bloom photos while I wait for mine to do something. And I can't thank you all for sharing, there really are some special beauties out there this year!!

~Laurrie

Wichita, KS

This is what I found blooming this morning. I was so excited. Can't find the silly tag so don't what it is :-(

Anyone know?
~Nut4Spuds

Thumbnail by nut4spuds

nut4spuds - definitely Ipomoea tricolor.
Either Flying Saucers or an incredible 'Cross'

Another 'Mauve Frost' greeted me this morning

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

This is from a JMG MIX

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Cameo Elegance/Mini-Bar Rose has such awesome foliage

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.