Need ID on this co-op Lily

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I was in several co-op's last year and this is the first one to bloom. I was in such a hurry to get them planted, I never kept the tags. Arrgh. Need help to identify this one. I think it was from aknapp's co-op. I'll send more pix as they open. Thanks.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's about how my Kiss Me Kate looked when it first opened ~ then it darken up a bit.

Was that one you ordered?

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Do you think it is the same as kdjoergensen's Who Am I in another thread? Check out Dress Rehersal at Bloomingbulb.com. Looks like it to me.

Susan

This message was edited Jun 16, 2005 7:00 AM

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I looked at Dress Rehearsal and this lily of mine is a pale yellow in the center, not white like Dress Rehearsal.

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Mine is probably dress rehearsal (white in the middle)

Thumbnail by kdjoergensen
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

And a beautiful lily, it is, too.

Guess what flowered this morning...

This one... now WHO is that ???

I thought it may be tropical sunset, but it is not...hmm... here is another one for the detective works.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2005 9:27 PM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Me too ~ supposed to be Tropical Dream

Thumbnail by Moby

Dunno .. but definitely not tropical dream.
I have several tropical dream bulbs. Remind me this fall, and I will trade a bulb with you.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That would be great. The lily above is the palest pink with a bit more on the tips.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I think I found it ~ Coral Sunset http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/Asiatics/Coral%20Sunset.jpg

This message was edited Jun 16, 2005 10:37 PM

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, I got it. I went back to Aknapp's Fall Blooming Bulb co-op & here I had ordered 5 of Kiss Me Kate, along with Coral Sunset & others, so I think this is definitely what is blooming in my yard now. Thanks for all your help & enjoy your lilies.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Now all I gotta do is SOLVE it.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

When I keep coming back to this thread, it doesn't say SOLVE at the top, so I can click on it & solve it. How do I do this? Thanks. Buttoneer

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think you can only do that on the plant trade and identification forums

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Moby, this is what my 'Tropical Dream' looked like. It's very faded even after just opening up. The bloom next to this is a few days old.

Thumbnail by mgh
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Where did it come from?

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Moby, you have mail.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

KD, what do you think about this one for your unknown? http://www.plantlilies.com/gallery/asiatic/pages/jean_ericksen.html

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Mine are not blooming to match what I ordered and planted. Ahem...

I would say that "Jean Ericksen" is very close. I am not sure if the pollen color and style tip are excactly the same, but could be color rendering from the computer/camera. Also "Jean Ericksen" appear to be outfacing/nodding flowers as opposed to my outfacing/upright flower, but that could change with age I suppose (the lily's that is.. not mine !!)... I think you identified it correctly.. thanks so much !!!

Here is my "tropical dream"...Looks different than the ones posted above, but this one was obtained from Buggycrazy who I have full confidence in when it comes to getting the cultivar right.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That is just how I've seen, read and imagined it would look.

I certainly agree with your assessment of Jean Ericksen; it's a dead ringer but for those pesky details such as pollen, style and angle. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.