Mainly Foliage Containers

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Final one.........it really took my breath away this summer. It also breaks my heart that summer here has come to an end.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are in the process of repainting, having the bricks repined(sp?), etc. Those poor plants have been pulled all over and had shingles drop on them........they came thro with flying colours.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Dear Lilypon...is it really that time of the year...ALREADY? Looking back at your pictures in June, and these follow-up pictures, you really have had a beautiful summer!

Everything that I planted this summer has just grown tall, leggy and out of control! Now I know why winter planting is the only answer for me, everything grows at the proper rate, blooms nicely and generally behaves themselves. *smile* The only tool I need for summer gardening here is a sharp Machete'! LOl
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh Pati I wish mine was just starting again! The heartbreak of gardening in Canada........they just get gorgeous looking and the season has ended.

LOLOL........you *live* in a greenhouse! I have got to get down there and pick up some of your Machete cuttings!!! ;)

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Lilpon--so nice to see your 'end of summer' versions...they are so lovely and I agree it is sad to see summer ending so soon when it seem like the garden is just getting going...

Except for my strawberry hosta pot, my containers have all been 'overwrought by our drought' and have been put away 'til next year. I am collecting new ideas from DG already though!

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Beautiful I love these, what is in your last photo? Those are coleus? Very pretty combination.
Kaleem

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yep they are the sun loving Coleus Kaleen. I just love the new colours that are available now (esp. in the sun lover varities). There is also a Gold Tropicana and a potato vine.

Thanks Tabasco......this summer we've gone through way, way, way toooooooo much rain (and sweltering heat and humidity.......not normal here) to drought and back to drowning again.

The ideas in this forum are fantastic and I'm going to have to study it (and make plant lists;) this winter. I really hope I can overwinter a number of the above plants (with the gas prices now I hate to think what they'll be charging for greenhouse raised plants here next year). :S

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.