Angel's Trumpet, Angels Trumpet 'Peanut'

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Delisa, since we last talked on here, I lucked out on a pretty double pink too. From a Monika seed. I have 2 of her double pink sisters also. You said you crossed your double to Cream sickle last year. I was wondering if you had blooms yet on your seedlings. Ludger cautioned me not to cross mine to a double. I was just wondering how you made out.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Just beautiful, I had to use a bath towel to clean up the drool!!!! LOL,
Annie

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Kell I did but planted my seed late and killed them except one. It is only about two feet tall. Hopefully the people I passed them out to will have had better luck than I. This year I am going to have many more. I have been crossing double sisters. It is worth a try. That should cause a big mutation. But only planting seed from now on in December or Jan.

All of the double pinks that I have always looked better and dropped skirts down better the next growing year.

I do know that Alice Harris has crossed double to double with good luck. I have spoken with her about it.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

That is true. I had forgotten but Alice did tell me that also. She said she does not follow rules. LOL. I was trying to shave off a year, but the truth is you never know for sure. I have done it a few ways and all felt good. LOL!!

I wish us both luck! Such fun regardless of the outcome.

Thumbnail by Kell
Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful double pink Kell. Yes regardless of the outcome I have also crossed the doubles with good singles. It is fun trying. I have been harvesting pods recently. I love the whole process (pollinating, watching them grow, harvesting, planting, giving seed to friends to trial).

This message was edited Jul 24, 2005 3:41 PM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Me too. I like it all too much. But I am going broke. I am renting 3 plots to grow them out plus a friends whole back yard. I have no time for me. Here we get no rain at all from May to November, so I have to hand water them all, all the time. Driving me nuts.

Good luck on your seedlings. I hope you get lots and lots!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.