Angel's Trumpet, Angels Trumpet 'Peanut'

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

So pretty Delisa.

She looks like a little girl all dressed up for a birthday party.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

oh oh love it if ever have few seeds could we trade, i want it for my peanut(jessica).. its beautiful.. have nice week end.. Twyla

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

This one is hard to walk on by! LOL. Just great. I am oozing pepto pink hormones as I look.

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

She has just made my spring by flushing so nicely! I have tags hanging all over her and hoping for a few good pods.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

its so lovely..

Foley, AL

That is pretty, is that a double?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I hope you have a nice dark pink to cross her with. LIke Donna's beauty. What fun you will have next summer! GOOD LUCK!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

She's beautiful! I can't help but ask, do you do cuttings or seeds? When you prune, I'd just love a cutting if that were possible.

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

elyear yes it is a double.

Kell, I have put dark pink pollen on her. Here are some of the crosses I am trying to make: EP, MM, her sisters: dark double pink 06 and double pink 09, Serendiptiy, Rubiline crosses, RK, and LA.

Captmicha I have already sent out at least 16 cuttings this year and she is pretty much cut back as much as possible right now. If I had not cut her back she would have had another flush under the first. The part that is blooming now is a stem that shot up at the first y. The stem that has come up from the base in this photo I have cut and potted up to be a back up for her.

Thumbnail by Delisa
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, all that is left to do is sit back and watch the show. LOL

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beatiful!!! I'm assuming it is your hybrid and that being the case, job will done you certainly have something to be proud of.in her.

Judy

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Judy I am the only the seedling parent.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a lot of cutting for one plant! I would have held off so I could get that second flush but then I'm a flower hog.

Do you have her in full sun?

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Capt, this is her second flush this year. I meant more flowers under the flush going on right now. She is in some sun. Does not like full sun all day. She drops buds in all day full sun.

Sunnyvale, CA(Zone 10a)

This is just beautiful...I live in No. Cal and purchased a yellow brug...However, it is not doing well at all.

Should the brug stay in a pot? And is full sun okay?

How did you cross pollenate to get such a beauty?

Pat
Sunnyvale, CA

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Delisa that is gorgeous and awesome!! You better have Zeek and Meek ready because I'm coming over with my cutters and shovel!
;) Donna

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

sunshine I am the seedling parent. Not the hybridizer.

Donna: when you come to visit it is open season for you on my brugs. See you this fall!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

It won't be this fall :( I can't afford two trips a year. I'm planning for next year!
:) Donna

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

OH! I thought when you asked if the offer was still open you meant this fall!

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Sunshine: Since you aksed you can view more information about 'Peanut' and other double pink crosses I have here:

http://www.brugmansia.us/seedlinggallery/

http://www.brugmansia.us/FamilyTree2/index.html

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That Pink Smitty is another woozer!

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

'Pink Smitty' is named after Arlene my friend on a brug site.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, Sam looks hot to me. LOL. Great babies Delisa. If I didn't have a double pink myself, I would be crying right about now. Yours are just fantastic. You should post some of your pictures on Dave's brug forum so we can have a group drool altogether.

So have you crossed them to each other? I understand doubles to doubles is not a good cross, but I sure would be tempted.

Donna, if I were you I would get to Florida any which way I could ASAP. You would not have to ask me twice. LOL

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I can only afford one trip to Florida a year. I had a hard time at the end of March explaining to my DD why she wasn't coming...lol. Next year I'm coming.

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes I have crossed 'Peanut' X 'Sam'. Also crossed 'Creamsickle' X 'Peanut' last year.

With the sisters double to double cross you will get more mutations, BUT a much better chance at a good double.

I pretty much only cross for doubles. Some singles to give away seed to new growers.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I will have to remember that. I was shying away from doing that. Thanks

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Wow Delisa I didn't know you had 3 of them. They are incredible. Big congrats to you both.

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

That's a beautiful brug Delisa.

Donna (PerennialGirl):
I'm the one with Eek and Meek, not Delisa. She was probably wondering what in the world you were talking about! LOL By the way, you are not the only person on DG who has become confused by our names. :-)

Edited to add that the Donna I'm writing to is PerennialGirl. :-)

This message was edited Jun 2, 2005 1:52 PM

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Don't know what is going on but the first link Delisa posted shows her as having 3 double pinks. Pink Smitty, Sam, and Peanut or at least they all look like doubles to me!!

http://www.brugmansia.us/seedlinggallery/

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I'm glad you got me all straightened out, Delecie......roflol!! I was wonder if you were playing games with me. I thought I was really losing it! So how far is Homstead from Wildwood??

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

LOL Donna (PerennialGirl)! Now you know I wouldn't play games, especially since Eek and Meek know you are coming and have been told to stand down! :-)

Maybe Delisa can tell you where Wildwood is because I'm not familiar with it. Homestead is near the bottom of the state. It is the city before the last city you pass through before you reach the FL Keys. That looks confusing so let me explain a little better. Florida City is the last city you pass through before you reach the Florida Keys. Homestead is the city before Florida City. :-)

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

all I can say it that WildWood is where you get on the FL TurnPike if that helps any

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Wildwood, Fl

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Donna they are 3 different pink doubles. They are all from the same cross. From this cross I also have a lovely double peach, and the prettiest double white I have seen. One more double that hasnt bloomed yet.

Foley, AL

Delisa, your brugs labled right, I think you gave me your address last year have to go look... =) jk.... I hope I get something as pretty as you out of the stuff ludger gave me....

ely

Foley, AL

can you say what the crosses were?

ely

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

ohhhhhh Prettier than Hawaiian Dbl White??????? Send me a pic. I have to see it.

Foley, AL

Donna I love your "T"

ely

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Pat Sunshine3176: may I ask why you posted under the 'Peanut' listing that it grows in Sunnyvale, CA? As far as I know you would post there if you have 'Peanut'. If not you would not post that it grows there? There is only one person in CA that has 'Peanut' and they are in Valley Springs.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/84056/index.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.