Iowa Tall Beardeds Blooming # 2

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

More opening every day--even late Intermediates that were stunned by the late April freeze. Got images--just got to post them!

Aphrodisiac FINALLY peeked her lovely head up: a soft orange and cream bloom.

This message was edited May 31, 2005 9:59 PM

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

How about an oldie but a goodie? Babbling Brook This soft blue gem lost almost all her stalks to the frost, but still trying to put on a brave show.

How about a deep , deep red??? Black at Night shorter than normal due to the late freeze damage on this side of the yard.

Who can resist the ruffles & deep raspberry tones of Beaux Arts?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That Black at Night is luscious!

Oops! getting long winded again---
For easier loading, Continued on http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/515945/

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

All beautiful and most I don't have. You're such a tease!
;) Donna

Thousands of iris out there--odds are we don't have the same ones! And I love to trade.....

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Well I doubt it...lol. But I will post pics of some of the ones blooming right now later today.
:) Donna

Reno, NV

I have this mystery guest in my garden. It first bloomed last year and continues now with one healthy stalk. It very much resembles your Abstract Art. Do you think it could be? (I know I have never purchased Abstract Art, nor received it as a split from my Dad; I think it snuck into the Home Depot or Costco package under an alias!)

Andrea
Reno,NV

Thumbnail by aecrowell

Mountain Melody showed up as a mismarked one for me last year--a little lighter on the petals than Abstract Art. Looks like yours though my bloom was too messy to post. (frost damage) I'm betting the same wholesaler messed up Walmart, Kmart , Home Depot and all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.