Iowa Tall Beardeds Blooming # 2

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

How about another historic? William A. Setchell

want to see them all? Iowa Tall Beardeds One: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/510119/

This message was edited May 31, 2005 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Huntington, IN(Zone 5b)

Wanda..Hi..did that dark pink iris that I traded you last year bloom this year and did you like it? Do you know the name of it? If it didn't make it let me know because mine are gorgeous and I can send you more.

potofgold--Your dark pink was one of the irises that were budding & hit by 2 nasty hard freezes--no blooms this year. :( Being a gardener requires lots of patience.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Wanda, your Grandma's Royals and the dozen assorted (assorted thanks to puppy girl) are so beautiful and historic looking. I love 'em.

Thank you.

Sorry no pics, photo software took a walk on the wild side */:(

Can't wait to show you Ziggy.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

My 'Barndance' is putting on it's show again this spring

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Navajo Jewel was my first to bloom and is still going strtong.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

'Bumblebee Delight' has a small but interesting flower.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

They're all beautiful, but that Bumblebee is just cute as all get out!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5b)

Love your Barndance. I planted Bumblebee Delight last summer - I think I may get a couple of blooms in a week or so by the looks of it. It's a miniature tall bearded, isn't it?

Barndance is blooming despite the show it put on from August to October last year? WOW! Gotta get me some of that!

Linda, what are you doing online when you're supposed to be working? Caught you! :) whoops---I'm at work too. Bad Girl!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Llilyfan, they are all great!!! I ordered bumble bee from blue j iris this year... but I have not seen the other two yet... where did you get them? They are a must have !!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well, I'm at work npw too and sure am glad I have these great Iris photos to keep me awake! I am sitting all night with an elderly lady who will get out of bed and fall if someone is not with her all the time, so glad I have my laptop and DG to keep me from going crazy! Love that Bumblebee Delight!

Susan

Linda, yes, it is listed as a MTB.

fsr333,(Barndance and Bumblebee Delight) I got these from a local iris grower, a young man who has been in the business for about 4-5 years now. Believe it or not both of these were bonuses on my orders. Navajo Jewel came from Van Dyke's and it took 3 years to see a bloom, last year it too tried to rebloom and sent up a flower stalk but it was in November and I cut it off.

Wanda, you know your name is on one of those rhizomes don't cha!

Susan here are a few more to help you stay awake :-)

Earl of Essex: supposed to be a rebloomer

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is Persian Berry lighting up the garden!

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Pass the Wine gets plenty of attention.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pass the Wine is a showy little thing. I do like the bright ones like that.

Susan

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

oh i wish my iris were still blooming
so i will just pant over all these .

Tazzy's OWN seedling: Tazzy Baby ! Incredible glow in this baby!

This message was edited May 30, 2005 1:12 AM

Abstract Art--over 75 colors in bloom today--hard to kleep up!

Mulled Wine--love the color!!

Green Prophecy--wierd color & hard to capture on film.

An oldie--looks like velvet! Camelot Rose

An old big Blue--Babbling Brooks. Darn thing is so vigorous it will try to take over your garden!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Oh Wanda 75 colors in bloom! WOW! The only color here is green! Still raining! Thanks for posting your beauties for us to enjoy!

Cherished Friendship is deep & ruffled...

Virga has lovely color that is hard to describe...

Clarence bloomed it's heart out last fall until frost & it's back! lovely blue with crepe texture and water spotted color...

More later--got to go to work to support my habit...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Clarence was my grandfather's name, so I'm glad the Iris named after him is so pretty! Can you get a photo of a lot of your Iris in bloom in the same shot Wanda or are they scattered too much? 75 is remarkable at once!

Susan

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Clarence was my grandfather's name too, Susan! :-)

Susan--not scattered , but long beds. All my flowerbeds are mixed iris, daylilies, lilies & 100 other perennilas + annuals for all season color. Having light problems with sun & shade. I'll try to get some shots this afternoon & post so you can see color mixes.

I ran thru 3 rolls of film yesterday afternoon & didn't film all those in bloom right now. Trickiest part is that my yard blooms in sections. The east side of the house blooms first, then the east border,west border, south border & north side of house. Varying amounts of tree & house & hedge shade make the yard bloom at different points. The east bed & border are close to full bloom--the rest is just starting. I'll try to capture it, but the East border alone is 90+feet long & 6 foot wide broken by an Amur maple & shade bed in the center. The south Loch Ness monster bed is just 40 foot long, but 15 foot deep. The west bed is over 100 foot long and varies from 10 foot to 15 foot deep , but includes lilacs at one end. The north bed is 60+ foot long & 5-6 foot wide. The beds on all 4 sides of the house are 10-12 foot deep. The iris are all over the place, mioxed in with everything else.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Wanda, how in the world do you keep it weeded?

A little bit at a time & lots of mulch....

I'm starting a thread with overall views of my blooming iris beds--okay?
Can't see them all at once, but this will give you an idea of my the extent of my insanity....

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/514138/

rustic Cedar bloomed for the first time today.

Melissa Sue made her ruffled appearance.

Bright Ola Kala glowing at the back of the yard.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Impressive, Wanda, beautiful pictures, beautiful gardens... love them all...

Too many to post, I'm getting lost in camera world....

Abstract Art

A red clump of Inferno

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Abstract Art is a beauty! I'm glad with all the different zones on DG, that we can enjoy a much longer Iris season than we can with just our own ones. Keep 'em coming!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.