Does anyone coming to the Roundup want any of these?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Donna will start a real plant trading thread but......

I have been potting a few things to bring to the roundup. I am finally getting out some long overdue trades. And I am in hack, slash, and heave mode. (DH is cowering lest I look in his direction lol)

Does anyone coming to the roundup want any of these common critters?
See next post.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Spider plants green and striped
Purple wandering jew
Syngonium-arrowhead vine
Epidendrum-reed orchids
Swedish ivy (Creeping Charlie to you 60's folk)
mexican sage
Allium textile bulbs http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/55481/index.html//
can be invasive but mine are surrounded by concrete-bloom for a long time in early spring.
Jade
Elephant Bush
sword fern

This message was edited May 21, 2005 9:08 AM

This message was edited May 21, 2005 2:27 PM

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I bring 9 Agave century - white stripe with light green.

Some cutting of mystery succulents. (I can't tell you until I get there!)

Rusty (SnowElk)

This message was edited May 21, 2005 2:07 PM

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

Epidendrums, YES! What colors?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

red, orange/yellow, pink/white, maybe a pale lavender and others if my neighbor lets me steal some of hers.

Are you going to be there? I do not have you on my list for some reason. "Mental pause" most likely lol.
Janice

Edited to say: Oh boy Succulents!!

This message was edited May 22, 2005 6:52 AM

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

No I have not said that I am coming, yet. I have several epidendrums but am always looking for more.

Where do I sign up?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

That would explain it then. You are officially on my list now. Are there any colors imparticular you are looking for. I have several ladies around here I may be able to beg keikis from. I have purple too but just gave away the last keiki. I can take a look at the paler yellow one as well if you need that one. The plants get so wild that you just have to strip them now and again.

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I have three that are blooming at present. Two here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/508013/ and the one attached.

I have others but some are not doing well.

Thumbnail by George
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Wow 20 years old!! How big is the beast? I do have to love the reds. They grow and bloom like crazy. I have my larger ones in 5 gal pots for toe room.

Well I am sure that you NEED this orange one.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

And the white one. I have tried for a true white but i do not know if it is the heat or bees of what cause it is always a touch pink.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

And the mutant. I am not sure how this happened. I did not buy one this color nor does my neighbor have one. The pot is marked "RED" and there is indeed one red shoot. It is a lovely lavender color but has never thrown a keiki. I will check out the lower root system to see what i can do.

The purples are a bit sparce here too. Perhaps they are not rain lovers. The big reds are in their glory though.

Any chance for keikis from that light orange of yours? It is a pretty color. I have some that are similar but yellower that I got from a neighbor. New plants so no blooms yet.

Gotta love these happy, almost no care little guys.
Janice

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

The orange one has a lot of branches and I will see if I can uproot one. They are only a couple of years old and are just now getting going. The red one froze pretty badly winter beofre last ans still has not recovered very well.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Poor baby! I have spotted leaves from water sitting on the leaves. None froze badly thank goodness. Do not hurt your orange plant. If one is easily removed then I would be grateful but otherwise leave it. I will go out and check my weird lavender. The problem there is that some of the stalks are indeed red. See the little guy in the middle?

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I have this at the bottom of a couple of stalks that I can plant up but I cannot guarantee the color as not of them has a flower at this time.

I potted up a dark orange one for you this am and am going out now to peruse the white. Gotta find the plant tags too. I seem to have disappeared them in my latest clean up project. Put them away and now I can't find them Lol!

I just got an new one that is an "ashes of roses" color. Greyish pink. Keeping my fingers crossed. Perhaps next year I will have one to trade.

Thumbnail by frogsrus

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.