Aliette treated seeds?

Arroyo Grande, CA

I am using the filter paper method to start seeds. I am seeing some seeds with definite fungus growth on the paper. I have discarded the seeds that have been engulfed by the fungi. Most cases there were plenty of seed unaffected and it the infection did not extend to the next sheet. I bought some Aliette, a fungicide and am planning on soaking some seeds in it. Has anyone tried this, if so what concentration did you use and what success did you have.

I am not inclined to do the AU/ZA stuff as they do not like phosphorus fertilizer and I have not seen any fungi on the Proteacae, though it may be too early.

Arroyo Grande, CA

I went ahead and mixed up a one tablespoon per gallon concentration and sprayed it on the affected seed that were not shot, discarded the bad seed and changed the filter paper on the affected ones. It only seems to have affected about six of the erythrina and some fungus growth on the proteacae but I will not know how bad till tomorrow. None of the others have any and the solanaceae seem oblivious to it. Still not sure if the future seeds need a soaking, though certainly I am inclined that way for the erythrina. So far, not bad enough to get too excited about.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.