Container fruit question

Collinsville, VA(Zone 7b)

I have 2 mini peach trees, a Meyer lemon, and 3 colonnade apple trees, all in containers. In the past I've just fed them with Miracle Gro. Is there a better way?

Thanks for any help,
Barbara

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I've used Osmocote before. This year, I have acquired quite a number of Brugmansias and am using Miracle Grow on them and rather than trying to remember which plant gets what, I'm using Miracle Grow on everything. I am adding Ironite to my citrus trees.
Veronica

Collinsville, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Veronica. I think I'll just continue with the Miracle Gro. Simple is best in my case, LOL. I've already given the lemon a shot of Ironite. How often should that be done, espcially considering it's in a pot and will always be in a pot?

Thanks again,
Barbara

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Barbara,

I've been giving my citrus Ironite once a year. That's the recommended rate. If you've noticed in the past that your Meyer gets paler as the year goes by and Miracle Grow doesn't seem to help, you can give it more Ironite. The label on the bag says it doesn't hurt the roots.

I forgot to tell you that I use the Miracid form of Miracle Grow. Somewhere, I read that if you can't provide fertilizer specially made for citrus trees, that fertilizer for Rhododendrons and Azaleas can be used. They require an acidic fertilizer.

Veronica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.