Share your Siberian Photos! :)

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

That's no siberian-it's cypripedium reginae (showy ladyslipper).

Thumbnail by boojum

Foggy view of the sib and JI garden this AM.

Thumbnail by boojum

One more fog view.

Thumbnail by boojum

More to come!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

boojum, Great foggy morning pics! Looks like you have as much land to turn into a garden as we do!

Love that clump on the left side of the first pic - id? Also the ones to the left of the poppies.....

I just planted the SI seeds because they were so easy, don't have any hybridizing plans at the moment...Keep those pics coming...

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I never knew there were so many beautiful sibs! I can't wait to get some. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

This just bloomed this morning. any one got an idea of what it's name would be or just the type?
This plant is one of those orphnas I bought at end of season sales with no tag.
Thanks for your help. I am loving my Irises this year.

Cheers, Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

This just bloomed this morning. anyone got an idea of what it's name would be or just the type?
This plant is one of those orphans I bought at end of season sales with no tag.
Thanks for your help. I am loving my Irises this year.

Cheers, Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Boojum---thanks for showing your beautiful pics. And for the photography info. Went out yesterday and practiced with my camera changing from tulip to distance. That's about all I can manage along with my new bifocals!

I borrowed McEwen's 'Siberian' book from the Hort. Society's Library. Lots of good background on them. Your area is certainly a hotbed for their development, it looks like. Nothing listed, though, for Cincinnati, there, or on the net. Don't even think we have an Iris Society. Can't believe that?!

I think Siberians and Japanese Iris will take the country by storm in a few years. It looks like there are a few hybridizers who are really working on them now...Your pics show why it's worth it!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Carol, that looks like a Siberian but it's hard to tell from the picture what cultivar it could be.

Soft Blue was one of the first to open for me too.

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I got this one labeled as 'Big Blue'.... but after I saw the real Big Blue at McEwen gardens I can tell this is not it. It's an early bloomer but not really remarkable. it's outta here after finishes blooming.

Thumbnail by poppysue
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks Poppysue.
Both your photos are lovely.

Cheers,
Carol

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Shaker's Prayer- Just planted last fall. First flower! I have to go back and read this thread.

Thumbnail by oceangirl

Caitlinsgarden, sorry to take so long to answer you. Haircuts, graduation for my kiddos and a mini garden tour for my son's future in law family kept me from DG yestiddy. The sib on the left of the first foggy pic is Reprise and the one near the poppy is Sibtosa Princess (which is a bit more reddish than the pic).

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Siberians bloomed and nasty hot spell took them out quickly here. Limeheart Siberian held up to the heat the best & heavily bloomed. She's NOT in a "wet spot"--just part of my regular garden.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Nora Distin has a distinct blue cast to her blooms.

I'll forget Caesar's Brother since you havce all posted nice pics of it. How about Illini Charm? Third year & finally perking up. Again, not in a wet area, but thriving.

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6b)

Can I play too? Here's Butter and Sugar:

Thumbnail by lezro
Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6b)

And here is Magnum Bordeaux:

Thumbnail by lezro
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Love the photos! Sadly, mine are all done for the season. I was glad to see blooms on two of my new ones in their first year though. Keep the photos coming!

More are blooming. Sultan's Ruby.

Thumbnail by boojum

White pseudacorus.

Thumbnail by boojum

Swank.

Thumbnail by boojum

Summer Revels.

Thumbnail by boojum

Sky Wings.

Thumbnail by boojum

Roaring Jelly.

Thumbnail by boojum

Pink Peaks (versicolor, I believe).

Thumbnail by boojum

Dirigo Black Velvet.

Thumbnail by boojum

can you see the pollen? The air is full of it. Here's Flight of the Butterflies.

Thumbnail by boojum

Harpswell Snowburst.

Thumbnail by boojum

Aqua Whispers.

Thumbnail by boojum
Eugene, OR

boojum, You have a lot of beautiful Sibs. I especially like Magnum Bordeaux and Sultans Ruby. Shakers Prayer is great too, and then there's .... and then.... and

Diana Blue.

Thumbnail by boojum

Hi CAS,
Don't have Magnum Bordeaux and I used to have Shaker's Prayer but not at the moment. Glad you are enjoying my posts. Here's Berlin Tiger.

Thumbnail by boojum

Creme Caramel.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's a miniature species, i. gracillipes.

Thumbnail by boojum

And a closeup. Off to bed...

Thumbnail by boojum
Eugene, OR

WOW! Berlin Tiger is amazing!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I just love the way these look. I've had a CB imposter for years and cause SIBs to not impress me much. But the following little darlings did, so a new addicted has started.

Here's Sweet Little Susie.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2005 9:11 AM

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Lemon Veil a maiden this year.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.