Share your Siberian Photos! :)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Here is our first one of the season. Soft Blue

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ahhh siberians.........probably my favorite of the irises! I'll especially enjoy this as more photos are shared....mine are at least a month out from blooming. Keep 'em coming! This one is a charming start ;)

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Brag, brag, brag, brag, brag, she said jealously. (sigh) What a beauty. I have your standard white, and I'm getting (and thrilled about it, too) a wonderful purple.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I hope mine blooms this year. I bought the same sib last year. Also bought Blue King, Dreaming Spires. My favorite is the Japanese Iris, then the Siberian;......what am I saying??!! I love whatever is blooming at the time!

deb

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I think this one is Caesar's Brother. The picture is not the right color. It is really more purple than blue!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Took another one after dark.....kinda cool!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is my siberian....I have a yellow and a purple. I also have Japanese Iris, I will post. The one I have blooming is blue, also have a yellow that is beautiful.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the yellow...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Blue Japanese...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Now that is Caesar's Brother! Your color is a lot better than mine. In 'iris' they are the same color!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The yellow is pretty! Don't have that one!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a close up of the last one...I just love this type of Iris!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My yellow came up all on it's own. I have no idea from where! After it is done blooming I will be happy to include you some in our trade! Yes, my Caesar's Brother is absolutely beautiful! That one I have h ad for three years now. Here is a shot of one that Wanda sent me last fall. It has three blooms and I took it from the top so it looks like one big blossom!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

The yellow is a pseudacorus (yellow flag) not siberian. I'm not sure which one. Is it pale yellow like bastardii?

Here is the regular pseudacorus. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/666/index.html
Here is the pale yellow bastardii.

Thumbnail by boojum
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

ceasar

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

ceasars bro.
He is more purple and in some ways prettier than ceasar to me.

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Be very careful who you send that pseudacorus to. Pseud has been banned in some states because it has escaped from gardens and clogged up natural waterways, choking out native vegetation. It can be a real garden thug. Do NOT allow it near water (although it is a water iris). You *might* be able to keep it under reasonable control in a bed with minimal water, but I have watched a young, strong, teenage boy nearly have a heart attack trying (unsuccessfully) to extricate a clump of pseud from the soil. Pseud nails itself to the ground like concrete. I doubt if much short of dynamite could remove it. The aforementioned teenager went after it first with a shovel, then with an axe. That was nearly 20 yrs ago, and the pseud still grows quite happily in that same spot. I have no doubt it will NEVER be eliminated from that garden.

Laurie

Hmmm. I must be stronger than that kid. I have moved bastardii several times on my new property. It was well established too. I also have a pseudacorus area under the outside faucet that is content. That's where my pic above was taken. Maybe the dirt is a factor or maybe bastardii isn't as invasive. I also have a hybridized pseudacorus (Roy Davidson) and a few hybrids that are part pseudacorus. Do you know what states have banned them? Just curious!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I know that NH banned it last year. I can't list the others off the top of my head, but I'm sure a Google search would bring up the info.

Laurie

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Looks like pseud is going to be banned in CT in Oct. of this year:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2004/lcoamd/2004LCO04244-R00-AMD.htm

Wow. I wonder if my hybrid is part of this!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

These folks have outlawed forget-me-knowts?!? You've got to be kidding. I've never heard of them being invasive before.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

snow queen, the rest of mine are new, except for ceasers, there's lots of ceasers here, so I won't post that pic LOL. but next year, look out, i'll have tons LOL, Love that soft blue sue. is that the true name of it? it's pretty

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes, I purchased them from Van Bourgondien last year. I was surprised to see blooms already!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

kathy,
soft blue is on your list!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

really, I didn't know that, have to go look again LOL I sure don't remember that great, you have snowqueen?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Nope! Imagine that!

deb

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, guess you know what that means LOL

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

oh yep, i shore 'nuf do!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I am hoping the rain stops so I can get someone's plants ready. Actually, I have 4 someones that I need to get plants ready for. They are all getting some of the same stuff, so I will have 4 boxes sitting there to put plants in!

d

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

White Swirl

Loves Wet Feet. Perfect for boggy areas and waterside plantings, it blooms heavily in late spring and early summer.

Award-winner. Airy blooms of white with a rich gold throat. Free from pests and disease, low-maintenance.

The blooms are exquisitely held, with petals flared up and out. Blooms begin in late spring and continue for several weeks, they gleam in the garden, making a nice late afternoon and evening show in the twilight. White, changing abruptly to gold just at the throat of the bloom.

36 to 40 inches high and about 18 inches wide. Happy in moist, even damp soils, it's ideal for waterside plantings and in slightly boggy spots. A good "trouble spot" plant.

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that' s a beauty sue.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Kathy! :)

These new siberians are giving me a kick! Never knew anything other than Caesar's until last year. I am waiting now for Coronation Anthem to bloom. Another few days............

Any more sibs out there? Would love to see others photos!

No blooms in sight here but I have lots coming, so don't stop watching!!!!!! Going to visit the Shafer-Sacks on Friday with our local Iris Society. They are hybridizers of River Dance and many more. Sibs are my favorite irises.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Great! I hope you get lots of good photos!

I am planning on it!!!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

These are the new ones I bought last week;
ADJ
ANNICK
HARBOR MIST
PERCHERON
SHAKER'S PRAYER
TEAL VELVET
Does anyone have photos of these!
I can't wait for them to bloom!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

hooked, you can see my pics of PERCHERON and SHAKER'S PRAYER in the PDB.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks, I'll do that!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Wow Laurie, I love that Shaker's Prayer! Is that photo pretty true to color?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.