who am I also?

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Had for 5 yrs is spreading well but don't know name help!!

Thumbnail by veeja3
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sure looks like 'Beverly Sills' to me.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/34162/index.html

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

me three BEV< SILLS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful Veeja3! How tall is she?
JanetS

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

about 40 inches, some are shorter.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Beverly sills is pink, this one is peach.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Peach, Pink, coral pink? It can vary all over the map. I have some Iris that grow 40" tall in one place in my garden and the same cultivar will grow to 30" on the other side.

Description: The world’s favorite Iris! Beverly Sills is fast growing, free blooming, and its large flowers are simply sensational – a rich coral pink that seems to glow in the summer sun. They’re also beautifully formed – wide and graceful with lacy, flaring petals that are tightly ruffled along the edges. 35” tall. Sweetly fragrant. Order today and enjoy this celebrated Dykes winner in your garden.

She might not be Beverly Sills, but because of lots of variables the color will appear differently. The beard and the pattern around it is sure close. Look at how orange this one in the plantfiles looks.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/68971/

Do you remember that you didn't buy Bev Sills? Do you tend to buy tried and true award winners? Or do you buy the unusual and new? If you bought from a house like Bloomingbulbs, or Wayside, the chances increases that this is Beverly Sills. If you bought from an iris grower then it's a higher probability that it's not. If it is B. Sills it's a great Iris.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I don't remember it could have been a trade or lowes, I could have bought it if it looked pink on the pkg, I want a pink, but all mine came up peach this year. I think beverely sills could be right. thankyou

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You're welcome. Now to find you a pink Iris for next year. What kind of a pink do you want?

Here's a link to a thread that talks about pale pink Iris. They had the same problem that you did. Not surprising as they certainly say that Beverly Sills is pink. I noticed that a photo I took yesterday looks a lot pinker than the flower is.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/509466/

This message was edited May 15, 2005 12:35 PM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

The giveaway on this one (a bev sills) is the beard that starts off orange and trails off to a lighter color. It should help?

Thumbnail by doss
Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Yes, help me find a pink please!!!!soft or hot is wonderfull just not peach.
I just had two more open in other parts of my garden that were supposed to be pink trades, both peach but not frilly like beverly. darn peaches.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You want frilly, you might want to buy 'Pink Pincurls' from Cooley's this year. It's on my order so I haven't grown it yet. It's on the bright side. You should look also at 'Lacy Day' and 'Passion for Pink'. I do grow 'Happenstance' which I love. (also at cooley's) It blooms for a long time. Their prices are half of list. I don't know why they do this but the loving cup means that they are half. 'Kitty Kay' is bright pink.

But if Tazzy and margiempv recommend an Iris like the one on the other thread, then it's the one to buy. Unless it's not lacy enough for you.

You might look at 'Valentine's Day' and 'Ballet Royale' at Mid-America. The owner is extremely helpful if you tell him what you're looking for.

I'll look around a little more. I generally don't grow too many pastels but 'Happenstance' is definitely worth growing.

If you don't mind a deep raspberry pink and you love ruffles and lace, then I highly recommend 'Social Graces'.

I'll ask another friend too.

Thumbnail by doss

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.