new lily for me

Winnipeg,, MB(Zone 3a)

Here is a beautiful lily that I got as a gift last week-end

Thumbnail by dillpickle
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

dill, that is awesome. which one is it?
debi z

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Isn't that the sweetest thing! Mine are blooming now too. I got them last year and I just love them!

I believe they are Lilium pumilum. I bought mine as lilium tenufolium. I hope they multiply!

Cheri'

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ')

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm a newbie. Please tell me if this question doesn't belong here or would fit better somewhere else:
I'm itching for the lily 'Purple Reign'. Does anyone have it? I know it's available in Canada but can't find anyplace in the USA that has it.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

-That's one I'm wanting really bad also and i haven't found it yet either.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Hate to say guys, think it is only available here. Guess you need to do a Coop from Canada. Want to let you know that Purple Reign, Sun God , Black Prince, Pink Pagoda and Dewdrop always always sell out really early so don't wait till bloom time. Go talk to DAve and do it now.

Inanda, busily wiring anti bunny/squirrel wire around the martagons.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

inanda: use Blood Meal to stave off the bunnies. Thanks for the tip on Purple Reign. I'm still a newbie: what do you mean "go talk to Dave"? Thanks so much.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I think I figured out how Pink Pagoda got it's name ~ Kind of a funky looking little sprout, isn't it? :)

Thumbnail by Moby
Winnipeg,, MB(Zone 3a)

Also found out that that the lily is also called Turk's Cap.
When I bought it it was labled as Tenuifolium
I just love it,,

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pirl ~ anyone wishing to do a group purchase or
'co-op' needs approval from Dave a/o Terry.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Have any of you grown Lilium pumillum before? I planted some this spring and they're growing well, but they have curvy, serpentine looking stems. I have them in dappled shade and thought they may just want more sun, but I noticed in the pic dillpickle posted the stem looks kind of curvy to. Is this normal for this lily?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Don't think I'm familiar with that one.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

mine is in mostly sun and the stem is not ram-rod straight. It's gently curved, like the pic. Not too curvy . . .

Cheri'

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Wilma,

Any seed pods on your pumilum?

Keep forgetting to ask you.
Inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.