neon egg plants

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i'm trying these for the first time this. i started them frm, seed the same day i started my tomato plants which was march 31st. about a week ago i repotted the egg plants but they are only about an inch or two tall. i do not put them into the garden un til the 1st of june. do i have a chance with them or should i go out and buy a few plants from the nursury?? was really looking forward to the neons. thanks for whatever advice may be out there. p.s. when i repotted dthem i hit them with a very diluted mg fertilizer.
forget to add that these egg plants mature in 65 days so maybe i still have a chance.

This message was edited May 5, 2005 8:23 AM

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

Mine were a little slow as well but the leaves are about 6 inches now... I am putting them in WOWs even though we are past our last frost date to get them really started...

Drew

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

drew - wows????????
frank

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Wallo'Water http://www.wallowater.com/

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

thanks

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Everything is growing slowly for me this year - my eggplants, which are usually one of my best growers, are lagging WAY behind.

Good luck to both of us!

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

We have had so much rain I am really glad I started everything so early this year but I thought I would have early tomatoes this year but now I just have good size starts...

Drew

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

seguee - are your eggplants the ones i sent you?? mine are onlyh an inch ro two tall but have nice leaves. i may have started them too late. may have to buy a few plants. have not put them in the ground yet.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Herbie - I don't think I got EP's from you. Most of mine were purchased seeds, plus a couple from Steve and Nicole.

Mine are a long way's from going to ground. Most don't even have their 2nd leaves. I defintiely started mine too late. Fortunately the Ichiban and Kermits are 60 day EP's...like they EVER grow as rapidly as expected! Ha!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

oh ok, thought i sent you a few neons. mine have 3 or 4 leaves on them. i will put them in the ground on june 1st and see what happens. good luck with your season. my tomatoes look great.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

As you can see, mine are waaaay far from being planted out.

They are: Lavender Touch, Ichiban, Beatrice, Nadia, Charming, Farmer's Long, Li'l Darling, 3 Kermits, Fairy Tale, Calliope, and a Vanilla French Marigold!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

when will yhou put them out? also, what is that thing you have them growing in?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

It's an 18 plug seed starter. I love it, and the seeds seem to germinate nicely in them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.