lots of iris's second time trying to post pics

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Yep, cut them in an upside down V shape (^).

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Oky dokey, will do that, they'll probably look alot better then LOL

kathy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Kathy, since Tazzy isn't here right now, you can find 'Amigo's Guitar' at Superstition Iris Gardens photo gallery. You can only order if you get the catalog.

http://community.webshots.com/album/119364712BMqeMl

My guess is that yours is 'Wabash' though. The thing that Laurief always emphasizes is to grow the cultivar that you think and Iris is next to the one you have. Then you'll be able to see what you have. Tedious and expensive, but with plain colored Iris, unless they have specific attributes like bright beards or a significant height or they rebloom, it's almost impossible to match them. I have at least four different blue cultivars blooming right now that would look pretty identical in a photo. I also have some blue-violet Iris with white around the beard that look a lot like each other. And then there are the plicatas................Well, you get the idea.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, thanks for the link, it still doesn't look like amigo's guitar though.

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

And what about this irus for #17
puttytat

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/24895/

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

good grief it's getting late, the name is angel fire, pattytut listed that iris in the PDB.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You sure hit the jackpot with your Iris finds! So many beautiful ones. My favorites are #13 and 18. I always love the pure white ones.

susan

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes that 13 is the best isn't it

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

So many of the iris are beautiful, but too similiar looking to my un-trained eye to definitely identify. I learned early on to write down the names of any new aquisitions & a location . (In case Walker the Wonderdog stole a bunch of garden stakes again...)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.