lots of iris's second time trying to post pics

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

posting the picture first, story next if I get the pic posted

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I"m gonna try to post the rest of the pictures. Number one looks like pink froth she had names on some of these iris's some didn't have names on them at all, she got them all at cooleys
I visited a little old lady who loves her iris's she had l00's of them, I bought l9 of them here are their pics some named some no names, or she coudn't remember the names
She probabaly stopped buying her iris's probably l5 to 20 years ago, so thse have been around a while I think.

#2 black unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#3 loop d loop

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#4 Edith wolford, bad view I think should have taken a side view. I didn't realize this one was edith wolford till she dug it for me, then she told me the name, I said wow I have that one LOL bought it anyways. couldn't have her sticking it back into the ground again

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#5 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This is taking forever LOL someof these pics I have to repost twice cause they don't go through.

#6 This is quite a beautiful iris, it's also unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#7 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#8 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

9 unnamed, but a beautiful iris, none the less, it's a little blurry

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#10 lady friend

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I hope you got some for me too! LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#11 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I'm stopping for now, have to run to town, w ill post the rest later on tonight, hoping to get some help id ing these iris's

kathy

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

black may be Superstition ? pink Vanity got to ck my files sick today be back later

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I thought the pink might be Vanity.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

what number is the one yall are calling pink vanity?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Did you see my earlier message? LOL, you will lol when you see it!

Deb

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I saw it, girly, You know we have to do some more trading don't ya LOL

ok, here's # 12 pink confetti

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#13 is quite stunning, wish I knew the name of it

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#14 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Boy I'm having no trouble at all posting pics, it's great, LOL

#15unnamed,

some of these are fuzzy, I was snapping pictures as fast as she was diggin them up LOL got a little close on some of them.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#16 unnamed

I'm fixing bacon cheeseburgers while i'm doing this LOL didn't know I could do two things at once, nothing's burning yet LOL.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#17 unnamed

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

did you get the one next to #2 in the picture? It looks very pretty.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

#18 unnamed really pretty white one

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Last one, #19 rippling waters, this one was alot prettier in person, or should I say in flowr LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

#13 looks like gala madrid

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Is the white one #18 possibly Laced Cotton?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

No deb I didn't get it, she had so many diff blues out there it was unbelievable, I've got to get a picture of her iris garden, bless her heart, she had surgery on her shoulder and couldn't pull weeds this year, she's really bummed about this, her son is going to help her with this though. I felt for her.

You guys are great with the names I'm thrilled, go to go look them up now.

Doss that looks exactly like it, cool wonderful.

looks like laced cotton has a tinge of pink to it that the number l8 doesn't have.

I don't think number 13 looks like gala madrid either. it's way too big an iris number l3 is a small iris

I've got to say #7 does look exactly like pink vanity

I'm thrilled to get names for these iris's you guys are doin g wonderful

thanks so much for the help

kathy

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

9# Wabash or amigo
to much blue in 13 # FOR GALA MADRID maybe Amigos Guitar ?
11# BABBLING BROOK 15# Test Pattern 17# autumn blush ?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Babbling brook looks like a match, couldn't find autumn blush anywhere, the test pattern, doesn't quite look like it. amigo's guitar, is not close much at all.

I would love to name that one, it's so beautiful

kathy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Kathy - here's the plantfiles reference to 'Autumn Blush'

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/58410/index.html

And here's a link to plantfiles search page. Be sure to bookmark it! You'll be glad you did.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks doss, im convinced l7 doesn't look like autumn blush, l7 has alot more rusty coloringin it, autumn blush kind of looks like number 14, if the bottom petals were a little lighter LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Tazzy, can you show me a link to amigo guitar?
hope your feeling better

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got them all planted, they wouldn't stay up, LOL Ill have to unpack some of the dirt off the rysomes when they wake up some.

I have cannas inbetween the iris's too. hope their not too close together, will have to work on weeding this one LOL it was a fast plant job.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

stake'em up!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

If the blooms are pretty well gone, cut them off and also the leave so they aren't so top heavy. Cut lenths of a wire coat hanger making 'U' shapes to fit over the rhizome; push the hanger into the ground and it should hold it up until the roots take hold.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

some of these didn't have flowrs on them, most are big enough to flower though. but probably won't this year since we dug them. I do have some of those u hooks I made for iris's I was lazy I guess LOL. will go back and do that, can I still cut them back even if they haven't bloomed, she didn't dig the ones that had flowers on them, she dug ones that hadn't bloomed yet,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.