moss rose lovers, where do you get your seeds?

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

i've been searching the internet and have come across some sites that sell packs with multicolors, but i know there's more out there. i'm looking for a place that sells many types of moss rose with a greater variety. any good reliable places?

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I would also like to know. I like buying my annuals is bulk so I can just throw them out.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Stokeseeds.com has several individual colors of the double moss roses. I haven't purchased there so can't help with a recommendation:) The packs were $1.60 each or so. I've just picked up the mixed seeds at any garden center and have had good luck.
You can even harvest seed from them if you're patient and detail oriented because they're so tiny! You can see at the base of where the flower dies back a little cap and it will dry and turn tan/yellow and the seeds are inside. I just put a white paper plate underneath and pick it open with tweezers. Then let them dry on the plate for a few days to cure and bag them up for next season.

Hope the Stokes thing helped!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They also reseed easily--I have a large, shallow pot I have just let them "recycle" themselves each year--its a big multicolor hodgepodge and the self seeding results in some interesting sports some years. I think I started with garden center seeds or transplants, originally.
Debbie

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Our Dollar General Store have them for 25 cents a package. They have done well for me and then they will reseed.

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Ferry Morse (sp?) Has them... there is a display of their seeds at a local store, and htey are on the shelf :)

Janis

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

I also love to collect the seeds of the especially pretty ones. I save them in the tiny 2 inch by 2 inch baggies that jewelry supply catalogs sell and mark them with a permanent marker what color it is.

Selma, AL

I GOT SOME FROM THOMPSON AND MORGAN FREE. THE ARE CALLED MANGO AND ARE GREAT. A VERY DEEP PEACH COLOR. I WILL DEFINETELY HAVE THEM AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.