Grace Ward lithodora

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have a Grace Ward lithodora, and most of the information I've read for it is from more northern climates. Does anyone have experience with them in Central Texas?

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Someone will be along shortly, I'm sure, to answer this for you. I just wanted to say welcome to Dave's Garden! I'm glad you found this forum!

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Where's HTOP when you need her? What is a Grace Ward Lithodora?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

The scientific name is Lithodora diffusa. It has skinny dark green leaves and little blue flowers. The info I read says it likes full-sun, but I don't think they mean TEXAS sun!

Thumbnail by sebeck
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I haven't grown this plant nor have I ever seen one growing here so I am sorry I can't provide any information about where to plant it. It sure looks like a great plant. Maybe someone else can provide some information.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

I also bought one of these a few months ago. I have it planted on my pond bank, where it is high and dry. It was looking good, but now is not blooming, although it is still green.

I also discovered this weekend that my neighbor planted one last year. Hers is back overwintered, and is blooming. It gets 12-6pm sun. They also water more frequently, so that may be helping it too.

I did confirm with her, but hers overwintered no problem. I may have to water mine some more, because I just LOVE the wonderful blue flowers that it had.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm not familiar with Crowley. What kind of tempertures do you get during summer? We get mostly 90s and some 100s.

I still have mine in a pot and it's doing okay, but no blooms right now. The tag with it says it blooms in summer, so maybe later it will.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

We are just south of Fort Worth. We get 90's and some100's also. NO large tree's and lots of SUN.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I think I'll keep it potted for the time being, and try it in different locations. It makes a nice potted plant anyway, and if I find a place it's really happy I can always plant it there later. TXMel, keep me posted as to the success of yours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.