suggestions please

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im about to start making shelves-tables for growing. I want ideas-this is what im thinking chicken wire attached to 2x4
now your ideaz!!!!
thanks-peace out
dori

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

dori...I think you oughta get something a bit stronger than chicken wire....under weight it will easily bend, plus it also will rust very quickly in a greenhouse. I've used galvanized fencing for some of my table tops...the mesh is two X four inches and holds up well. (If you get the larger mesh some pots will either sit cock-eyed on it or fall thru. (I've also used hardeware cloth, a.k.a. "rabbit wire" but it is pretty expensive and tends to "unravel" on the ends and invariably pokes me!) If you want to use a table as a heat mat then use solid plywood as the top with a few holes drilled here and there for drainage. This way you can buy one of those heat wires, or heat tapes, and zig-zag it on the table, cover it with a bit of potting soil and set your flats directly on it. (They come with built-in thermostats that keep your soil temp around 74*.) (<-unless you g-house temps drop WAY down.) Hope this helps!

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I was just given four sets of plant shelves..the kind they use in walmart and other garden centers. I must find a truck to get them moved here. When I do, I will explain the dimensions and how they are built
Sandy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I don't have any suggestions sorry I am new at this but just wanted to say Hi neighbor. Sandy.

Knoxville, TN

hey,we found a place that installs garage doors and throws away alot of single panel wooden and glass doors,You cut them to fit the lenght you want.They work out great because
they are a perfect width,.
luv nana

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

hi Neighbor...Rose ..all is well!!! how about you??
sandy

Tampa, FL(Zone 9B)

I use"eggcrate" or the plastic panels that cover florecent lights that you can buy at Home Depot for the bench tops.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

SDoglover1512

Is there a name of acompany on the
greenhouse benches you got. I have
been trying to buy the kind Wal-mart
has, but have been unable to get
name, phone # or web-site.

Thanks,
Honeybee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.