Variegated Pandora Vine

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Has anyone rooted one before? If so, what's the easiest way to do it? I want to take some cuttings to trade.
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Semi-ripe wood(from the end of a branch or from a side shoot) with no flowers or flower buds. I root in vermiculite or sand with a dip in liquid rooting hormone and on a heat mat. Mist the leaves once a day.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Calalily. That's what I had been planning to do but wanted to make sure. I did finally find some liquit root stimulator on Friday on sale. 50 ml for $1.99.

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Hi, is this a fragrant bloom? We have this plant in school but it never blooms and the leaves are always turning browns on the variegated parts.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I don't remeber. I had bought it with blooms, but it didn't bloom for me again in the Summer. I did notice than that it liked alot of moisture. Since I've brought it into the basement it's been losing leaves like crazy. I just hope I don't loose it entirely.

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Have you checked if there was any insect? You can help your plants by cutting them back a 1/3 before getting them in, that way you select what its going to loose instead of making the plant decide ;-)

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

all i did was take cuttings in summer when warm outside and it rooted fine ,no rooting hormone needed, very easy to root when warm outside
moretz

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

If these cuttings root successfully, please keep me in mind. I would love to trade for one, please,please, please , with sugar on it??? Lou

This message was edited Feb 13, 2006 6:48 PM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I hope I haven't completely lost it. It's been really dying back. I've repotted it into better soil, so I'm hoping this has saved it.
:( Donna

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

PG I also have this plant. It has been loosing lots of leaves for me too. It did have white fly a couple of months ago so I treated it. No more bugs and it still looses lots of leaves. It does look healthy and getting new growth so I have to believe it is just a response to low light levels since it prefers full sun. LMK if yours doesn't make it. I'll be glad to send a rooted cutting to you in the spring.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the offer, Kathy. It better make it since I paid quite a bit money for a plant than I normally do because it was so nice and lush.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Is it one that can go into dormancy? Donna Is your basement cool?

Does it like to be drier in the winter?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

This is my first time overwintering it so I don't know to much. I know that when the soil dried out that is when it started to loose leaves big time.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

PerennialGirl
i think it is loosing its leaves because it isent getting enough light.i have mine in gh and it is doing fine,it might drop a few but still has pleanty on it,so i would try to give it more sun and if you arent giving it enough light then dont over water, and then it should come back in the spring, scrape(with your fingernail) some of the bark back a little not alot just enough to see if it is still green if it is green then it sounds like it is going dormant since it isent getting what it needs to keep the leaves on but as long as you can keep the branches alive until spring then it should be oki hope this helps

dispatcher1
i have some rooted cuttings now but to cold to send if you dmail me back in spring i would love to trade with you thxs
moretz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.