Anyone use portable greenhouses?

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Since I live in Minnesota, I extend the growing season however I can. I currently have two of the portable 4 shelf greenhouses on my porch, and since I ran out of room under the lights in the basement (transplanting to 3 inch pots will do that to you!), I moved some of the flats outside into the greenhouses.

It is supposed to get down to 30 degrees tomorrow night. Do I need to bring everything in, or will they be okay tucked snugly in the greenhouses?

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Hi, Zarebet - welll....you might want to bring them in ..I have one of those 4 shelf kind too..but don't trust it on a really cold night. This year I bought a self-erecting greenhouse. here's pic of it taken in early march. I have 1 small 1500watt heater in it and it does just fine in temps down to say 25. We have a frost advisory out tonight too, so I pulled my flats out of the small 4shelf one and moved them back in here witht the heater. I also threw blankets over my pots of sprouting dahlias and newly planted perennials I put 5 gallon nursery pots over those. It would break my heart to loose anything now.

Diane Krny

Thumbnail by KRNYSGIRL
Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I know how you feel. I have petunias, columbine, snapdragons, verbascum, phlox, torenia, nemesia, lobelia, pansies and daisies out there right now. Each one has been nurtured and pampered! It would kill me if any of them died.

Into the garage they go!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.