What Beardeds are up now? #2

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Oh Sue, love the glazed honey! I've got so many buds, I just wish they'd open up already! 2 weeks ago, I didn't even have a single bud or scape!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hee hee, Melissa I know your pain. LOL :) I keep looking and looking at the buds like "C'mon already!" . Sultans Palace just opened, do you think it was because I yelled at it?

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Your camera isn't necessarily at fault. I can take a photo of a flower in one direction, even without direct sunlight, and then take it in the other direction and it will be an entirely different color. Sometimes though it helps to fix the white level which entails using a white piece of paper and setting the camera. It also helps to take photos late in the day or early in the morning when the sun isn't directly on them. I have no idea what your Iris looks like but sometimes I find that photoshop can be a help - especially if an iris is washed out. Another idea is to lower the exposure. Overexposure I find is one of my primary problems. What ever the color of your Iris, I think this one I made up is pretty.

If your camera has a graph system you can look at the distribution of color and exposure right after you take the photo and correct it right then.

Thumbnail by doss
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Nice job Doss, the color is closer to the true color. I'm thinking overexposure might be the issue with my camera.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

spiced custard

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

hgurule your blue plic is MA Mie -1906
its is so fragrant and fairy is another that will make you jump up to smell .. do not know red and yellow can you do a Maro shot and tell me height /

Thumbnail by tazzy
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Is everyone ready to start a new thread? I think that it's about time.

It's all started at:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/509049/

We have some Iris that we are still working on here, but people with dial up drown if we don't move new iris to the next thread. Feel free to repost if you feel an item is still open.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the I.D. Tazzy. The MA Mie is probably the most fragrant iris I have ever smelled. Here is a close up of the other iris. It has already withered away, so I do not have a measurement.

Thumbnail by hgurule
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Doss, tazzy, Melissa, Lincolnitess--Thank You for sharing your TB blooms! So lovely & mine are just starting. Come on sun....

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You're very welcome Wanda - and we can't wait for them either!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

We are about 2 weeks late because of the cool weather here this Spring.

Proud Tradition

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Is this Sky Hooks?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Avalon Sunset

I really need DSL!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I like all 3 of those bluegrass. Here's my new one for the day: Hot Spiced Wine. Not a very big bloom, but a wonderful, sparkly color. I think I may move it this fall so it doesn't look so small compared to some of the other ones. Maybe tuck it in among some daylilies.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Don't think that it's 'Sky hooks'.

http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/product28.html

Skyhooks has violet horns. But I do love those spoons.

They are all beautiful.

Bluegrass, you must have missed the continuing new thread at:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/509049/

I was just about to continue that one for Dial up folks. :-)

This is my Sky Hooks from last year. No bloom yet this year.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

No, mine is not Sky Hooks. Very close. I love the lavendar appendages on yours, Wanda.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone have another guess. if the yellow one is not Sky Hooks?
Thanks

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Bluegrass, you should post it again on #3. You'll have a better time getting an ID. Or you can post a new thread of your own. Whichever way, I hope that you'll move it forward so people can look at it. It's a lovely iris.

I love the horns on Skyhooks too! Can't identify the yellow one--nothing quite like it in my garden.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I found it on a webpage and remembered the name after seeing it.
Honey Scoop

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Pretty lovely yellow that one is. Along with the white peony and, what is the lovely blue clematis wandering through the garden? It's great.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

The clematis is Ramona, I have it on a ole dinner bell, which is not in the picture. I will take a shot of my Henryi, it is beautiful this year. Six feet tall and loads of huge white blooms.

My Tall bearded iris are going crazy.... HUGE blooms this year!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

So lovely, Wanda
What is this one? I don't have a one pink. I need to change that!

That salmon /mauve pink beauty is "Laurel Park". Started with tiny roots 3 years ago & worth the wait! Blooms bigger than my outspread hand!

Peaches & Cream is putting on a real show now on the east side of the house...

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Wanda some on dialup may not be seeing your gorgeous blooms!!!! I hate for anyone to miss them!!!

Here is part 4.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/510196/

(Zone 8b)

Spiced Custard looks like its on my list now, and Avalon Sunset, and ..... oh well they are all gorgeous!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.