What Beardeds are up now? #2

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome - Good idea to start #2 Bonnie. Thanks for letting me know to start a new thread.

This is 'Fancy Dress' again. It's still blooming. 'Fancy Dress' is supposed to be a TBI but it's more the height of a Border Bearded. It's on the early to middle side but will be great at the front of the border - at least when I move it there. Right now it's where a TBI should be - and it doesn't belong there. I do love this Iris though.

This thread continues from:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/490841/

Thumbnail by doss
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks doss!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Fancy Dress is the perfect name for that Iris. I love the color. Here is a Standard Dwarf that is blooming for me today. I mis-labeled it when I planted it last summer, but after going back and looking at the SD's on all the sights I ordered from, I think it might be a bonus one sent to me by Nicholson's called Sky Dancer. What do you think?

http://www.iris-garden.com/standarddwarfs.html

Susan

This message was edited Apr 20, 2005 3:25 PM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My first SDB bloomed--CHANTED! Can't you tell I'm excited! i love this little short beauty!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Wanda, What a fun thing for all of us to have your garden producing Iris. And that sweet thing with the blue beards, I love it. Wouldn't it look great with 'Happenstance'? Too bad we couldn't get them to bloom at the same time. Here's 'Happenstance'.

Thumbnail by doss
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The dwarf sure are cute, but I can't grow them here.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This opened today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Irises and Liliums

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This one is kind of different looking

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

I like that "different" one. Do you know what it is?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Steve, you have what is called a 'Plicata'. This is the name for the sprinkled effect on your Iris. It is lovely.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

yes it is a Plic. and look at the tip of beard its tiped blue that is important in trying to ID a iris
Good shot Steve .
no i do not have a clue of the name ?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, wow, wow -- I just can't get enough of these iris pictures!! Doss, I love that Penny Lane. And oh my gosh, Wanda! I'm going shopping for that little "Chanted."
Starr, your Grandmother's iris is lovely. Isn't it wonderful to see something in your garden that your grandmother lovingly gazed upon?

Shaft of Gold

Thumbnail by Kelli
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Lovely Iris everyone. If you liked 'Penny Lane', you'll like 'Cordoba'. It's the same size, and blooms the same time. The bloom is tighter in form, and it turns a coppery color at it's hafts. Some more ruffles too.

Thumbnail by doss
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Just beautiful, Doss!!

Steve, her is my last years Rippling Rose. Close?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love the gold plicata markings on that yellow iris Kelli. Makes me think of tiger lilies - don't ask me why.

Give me a little time--Immortality & a couple of other TBs are setting buds...

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Funny, Wanda. There's a saying that the plum tree is beautiful whether it blooms early or late. We have an incredibly competitive school district and the head counselor says that's true, unless your Zip code is 94301. Thank goodness Iris aren't children. They can bloom when they want to - like children should be able to.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A few of my tall bearded ones are getting buds. Here is Wild Passions, a standard dwarf bearded one that is blooming now.

Susan

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It's a lovely little sdb. I love blue and yellow together.

This is 'Wonderful World'. A raspberry plicata. It's very tall and belongs at the back of the Iris border.

Thumbnail by doss
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This bloomed today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

And this

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

One more

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

HMM Wanda, it is similar; I like yours better!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Loverly, loverly. Share some names Steve? Or are these mysterious strangers.

This is 'Chamber Music'

Thumbnail by doss
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Well Doss I'll have to look them up. How you keep track of them I don't know! Love that Chamber Music!!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

I have this one I bought from Walmart last year that was /supposed/ to be one called Prissy Miss. It looks nothing like the picture on the package and isn't pink but more of an orchid color. Nevertheless, it is a gorgeous and incredibly vigorous grower that has grown so much from those two dead looking rhizomes that it's going to need divided after it's very first blooming.

Thumbnail by Vashur
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

High on my list: 'Shurton Inn'

Thumbnail by doss
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

shurton inn is very pretty!

all beautiful iris
Steve get tags and put out when you plant iris .
WE do i cant remember my name some days so
have to put out name tags .

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

DG is busy tonight and I couldn't get into see "NOT Prissy Miss". But I'll be back!

Steve, my yard looks like a marker garden. I have them on everything. It's the only thing that works. That is unless your 5 year old grandson thinks it's a really fun game to wander around the garden and collect plant markers.

I also keep photos that I download from the web for Iris that I plant. Then I photo them when they come up and keep a computer photo Iris listing. But I try to have only one or two Iris that are a solid color unless they are different in ruffles or something definitive.

Also I order Iris from a spreadsheet program. I can note anything there that I want. That way, I can even merge years and have a total record.

I've always used the spreadsheet but hadn't thought of using web images. I figure that I'm not using them for public consumption so it's OK. Putting the web images on my computer also helps me figure out what I want to order. It's working for me.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is Wizard of Hope. It was a bonus one that Malevil Gardens sent with my order.

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is Cat's Eye. It didn't open very well due to our cold weather the last couple days. I think it is going to be one I like. I wonder if it is the areas in the center that are suppose to look like Cat's eyes?

Susan

neat blue Lincolnitess

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Go see 'Cat's Eye' for yourself Susan. It's really lovely.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/56357/index.html

This is 'Blue Suede Shoes'.

Thumbnail by doss

i should have know it's Paul's Iris
he has the neatest colors intros in the dwarf field .
I am ordering Pudy Tat from him this year think
/i am going to have to have Cats Eye too ?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You have to have any one's you want Tazzy. The more the merrier. This is 'Lady Juliet'. It's an Iris I got by mistake last year. I do like it though.

Thumbnail by doss

Wow! Lots of nice specimens out there!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.