Help! Red Yucca

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I got some red Yucca today and well I need some help knowing now how to start the things. Does anyone out there know what I need to do to get them going? Please Help - thanks Mitch

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Try here: Seed Germination Database: http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html

Or Try this: My Fast Propagation Method

1) One clean quart mason jar, with a lid to fit.
2) 8 ounces 'exactly' of spring or filtered water. (no chlorine)
3) One Measured Tablespoonful of ordinary Household peroxide.

Put the water into the mason jar, zap for 'One Minute Only' in microwave.

Remove carefully from micowave, put in the One Measured Tablespoonful of ordinary Household peroxide.

Put the seeds in too! Stir or swivel jar. With the lid on.

Keep covered with lid on for 24 hours, in a warm Not Hot location.
Removed from this water in 24 hours.

Sow in zipper baggies with your favorite sterile seedling mix. Seeds should be placed no lower than pushing down to the level of seedling mix they need light to germinate; spray with water and keep damp Not Wet. Place in sunny windows. Baggies should look steamy and sweaty all the time. Don't forget to spray mist every other day. Open baggies after first set of leaves appear. Lift up from baggie with a Large tablespoon when true leaves appear; and transplant to bigger pots, so you can put them outside for a few hours during the day to get used to being outside.

~* Robin

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks! You get these special seeds and dont want to blow it! Mitch

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

I have replacements if you some.

~* Robin

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

thanks - I may have to take you up on that one, Mitch

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I started mine just like a normal seed.....
they all germinated.......

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I can do that, normal is good. How long did they take to come up?

(Zone 7a)

Mitch, Red & Yellow Yucca is extremely easy to germinate if they're fresh. Just keep them warm and very moist until they germinate. I have lots of these seeds. So let me know if you fail...LOL

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Easy - wow and the lady gave me them bec. she thought they where way to hard! LOL Oh well maybe I will give her one once they are growing! Thanks Kim - Mitch

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I can't remember how long it took,They were not even fresh though,and still came up

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Good I have them all ready - so cross fingers . . .. ..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.