Persian Lime

Gotha, FL(Zone 9a)

I have recently noticed deformities on the leaves of my Persian Lime tree. The older leaves have sporadic leaf minor damage but the newest problem results in a highly deformed leaf structure. Some of the deformity causes large spikes to form out of the leaf. Also, it is now April18 in central Florida and I have yet to see any sign of blooming. Is this unusual? I have several other photos though I'm not sure how to send multiple images in a single thread. Help if you can. Thanks

Thumbnail by Targator
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Taragator, I cannot help you with your persian lime.

But, to add multiple images in one thread, each time you will need to make a new post to your own thread, add the photo, and send. Over, and over until you have posted all the images, one per post all in the same thread.

Hope this helps.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Targator,
Aphids can cause the type of damage you described. Look for them on the underside of the leaves. In severe cases, they can stunt the tree. They could also be the reason why your lime hasn't bloomed yet. If you do find aphids, you can control them by spraying with water, but I find this doesn't work too well if the tree is very dense. Look for an insecticide that kills aphids as the usually recommened sprays, Malathion and Diazinon, are off the market now. You can also contact your local extension agent and ask for a recommendation.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.