Golden Trumpet, Yellow Allamanda (Allamanda cathartica)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Would someone please share the secret of rooting the Yellow Allamanda ....every cutting I've tried to root has turned black. :( This is the one I have: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1708/index.html

I'd really appreciate any help someone can give me!

Thank you!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Lilypon, I've found they root best from semi-ripe cuttings taken from non flowering growth(make sure there's no flower bud at the tip). Take a cutting about 6 inches long right below a node. Cut off the leaves except from the tip. Dip in liquid rooting hormone(I never had good luck with the powdered stuff) and stick in moist, coarse vermiculite. Keep warm and out of hot sun, mist daily, and it should root in a few weeks. You will lose some of the cuttings, so take a few more than you need.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Calalily...............Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Ü
I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo appreciate your help! That plant is rarer then hen's teeth here!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Mine didn't die back (spent the last 7 months in the dining room)......would you cut it back down to two nodes at this time of year?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

You can cut it back to make it bushy, but it will delay flowering.
These are heavy feeders when they are in active growth so be generous with the plant food. Mix it at regular strength, but feed often and you will have lots of flowers.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

THANK YOU once again! Ü

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.