Spraying Grapes for Pests

Harper, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a question regarding pest and grapes. When should I spray my Concord Grapes for pests.
The fruit is in a cluster now, with the grapes about the size of pin points. Last year something laid eggs inside the grapes and made them split.
I do not want to injure them as they are so small at the present time, but I would like to get the pests before they get my grapes. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice. Txsdar

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Are you sure you had pest problems. Irregular watering will also split fruit. In order to have good control, you need to know what the pest is. I found a good tamu website for you. It has information on grape pest and their control. Plus great information on grape growing in general.

http://winegrapes.tamu.edu/

Harper, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for that web site address. It will be very helpful. Hope I can wade thru all the info. That is a lot of knowledge for two little grape vines. They look so healthy now, but will watch them closely. From just a quick review it sounds like I may be underwatering. Will read some more. thank you again. Txsdar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.