Mulch

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

I am looking for a retailer of shredded bark in the East Bay area. I would like to have the shredded bark loaded 1 cubic yard at a time into my own pickup truck, so that I can easily offload it into a wheelbarrow to spread around my garden. I find this a lot easier than having a huge load dumped on my driveway and having to spend all day moving it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Check the bulk landscaping products in the yellow pages. Most places will deliver 1 cu.yd loads but will have a delivery charge. Five yards is the usual amount for free delivery. Are you talking gorilla hair? Good stuff, keeps out the weeds. It lasts about four years around here. Mine is almost gone in some places, especially where I have planted through it.

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

My hope is to find a place that will load the shredded bark or 'gorilla hair' directly into my truck. From the truck it is easier to offload it into a wheelbarrow. I'm surprised I'm not finding any sources like this. I may need to have a load delivered after all.

down here in the so calif area,,,, at some of the public community gardens.... they give it away?????

are there any in your area.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.