Need Help with Crocosmia "Lucifer"

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Can anyone tell me the best method to get these seeds to germinate and approx how much time before they emerge? Should I soak the seeds first? Freeze them? Help! My first try led to nothing - I just placed them in cells and watered.

Karrie

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I direct sowed some last Fall, and they have come up no problem. I also put some in cell packs in my Winter sowing cold frame, and those are just now sprouting.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Marc! These are the seeds you gave me last September! I wonder what to do in my zone then. Perhaps I should sow some in some cells and refrigerate them for a couple of weeks?

They are such a pretty flower - I really want these to work! :-)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I had a feeling the were the ones I gave you. :-) I would try the fridge bit and see if you can get some to sprout......maybe nick a couple and soak them also. I'd even try the wet papertowel sealed in a baggy (DENO method) too.
I have a bunch more seeds, so if it doesn;t work let me know I'll send ya some more (or a seedling or three)

Marc

P.S. Tell Russ howdy :-)

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Kewl! Thanks so much - I will try all three ways - There are probably 30 seeds left.

Russ giggled. Then said "howdy"! That was so much fun last September! This year I'll be turning 40 so not sure what he has planned. :-) Tahiti? lol - I wish.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Well if it's Tahiti be sure an let me know.....I'll try and drop by for a drink to celebrate with you. LOL
Oh and by the way the lovely pictures of us you sent me is nicely displayed in my atrium plant room.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

What an appropriate place to put it! I'm glad you liked it!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

How could I not like it. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.