Upcoming Southern California Plant Sales

Northern California, CA

There has been a request for information on Plant Sales for Southern California. I'm not familiar enough with the various not to be missed sales (except for The Huntington Sale) to post info. If you live in "the other half" of the state could you share information with fellow members?

Thanks!

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I have the LA arboretum schedule:
Tomorrow (3-30-05) is a tomato sale; Iris show and sale is Sunday, the 3rd of April; Amarylis bulb show and sale is Sunday, April 17th; Rose show and sale is Sunday April 24th and Botanical Art show is the following weekend (May 1). There are some cactus and succulent shows coming up but not sure exactly when.. The Green scene at Fullerton arboretum is usually mid April (can look it up on the internet). I will let you know more as I find out.

Northern California, CA

Thanks PB!

Mesilla Park, NM

Here's a site for the UC Riverside Botanical Garden and they list their spring sale as being held on the first full weekend in April...

http://www.gardens.ucr.edu/events/plantsales.html

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Also a member only sale at the Huntington Gardens, May 14th... and I think a general public sale the 15th... these are huge sales and great deals! Pasadena California

Mesilla Park, NM

Gates Cactus & Succulent Society Annual Show & Sale 2005
May 21st and May 22nd Sat and Sunday
Show Hours 12:00- 5:00 pm Sat.
9:00 -3:00 Sunday

Sale Hours
9:00-5:00 Sat
9:00-3:00 Sunday

Childrens Activity Table

at the Jurupa Mountains Cultural Center
7621 Granite Hill Dr.
Riverside, CA 92509
Between Pyrite and Vallely Way on the 60 Freeway

More than 400 Specimen Cacti and Succulents on display. Thousands of Rare and Exotic succulents for sale by Gates Cactus and Succulent Society.

I just copied the info on the Flyer.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Also cactus and succulent sale this weekend (April 9-10) in Palos Verdes, in the South Coast Botanical Gardens on Crenshaw boulevard. 9-4 both days. Never been to this one so don't know how big a deal it is, but may go since I have never been to that botanical garden.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks! Gourd. I go there on May 22nd in Riverside.

Rusty (SnowElk)
P.S. I am still grieve about my mom died on March 28....

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Other plant sales, if you are into cactus and succulents:
Fullerton Arboretum sale April 23-24 (great sale and all sorts of stuff- not just cactus... best show for fruit trees, Epiphyllums, Cycads, etc.!!)- on campus... Yorba Linda exit off the 57
Epiphyllum sale April 24 southcoast botanical gardens
Small plant sales next two weekends at Huntington gardens (April 23-34 and April 30th).
Epiphyllum sale/show at La arboretum May 15th
CActus show/sale in Culver ciyt at Veteran's memorial April 30 and May 1
San diego cactus/succulent show/sale Balboa park June 4-5
Huge sale of cactus/succulents Huntington Gardens, Pasadena July 1-3

Northern California, CA

Bumping this up for sales coming up this weekend:

These sales have ended.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2005 11:27 AM

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

Reminder

Huntington Gardens sale next month May 14/15
http://huntingtonbotanical.org/PlantSale/facts.htm

Dick

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

THat Huntington sale is members only on the first day (14th)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.