Sonoma Horticultural Nursery

Rohnert Park, CA(Zone 9a)

The bloom season is already under way, get thee hence now and for the next several weeks!

http://www.sonomahort.com/

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

another

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

again

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Thumbnail by Chilidawg
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I was there this afternoon. Got two more Lapageria Roseas for $9. These are 4-year-old plants in a gallon can. Other nurseries are offering younger Lapageria plants in smaller containers for $60 on the Web. Two gorgeous clematis, also for $9 each. Primula Japonica, already blooming, for $2.62 each. Several azaleas in 1-gallon cans--$5.21 each. A 1-gallon thalictrum for $3.94 and a 1-gallon variegated weigela for $5.63. Plus a free hellebore because the guy dropped it and some of the dirt fell out.

The 25%-off sale ends on March 31st. Run, don't walk. This is a wonderful nursery. Everyone is always happy--the owner, the employees, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, and the customers. Furthermore, the plants are perfect. I have never had a failure with any of their plants. I have 20-year-old azaleas and rhodies from Sonoma Hort that are still healthy and happy.

ha, we were both there this afternoon. Yes, the prices are good right now.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

They had to kick me out at 5:00. I was dawdling so much that I had to run through the azalea houses at 4:45, grabbing plants right and left while my friends waited for me. It's hard not to dawdle there. They had trillium blooming. Did you see it? Did you see the cheap and gorgeous Davidia, the one Wayside's selling for $100.00?

On a completely different subject, isn't it amazing that Rohnert Park is zone 9b and Sebastopol is 9a? What a difference 7 miles makes! Of course, there are probably three different zones right in my own garden, depending on how far away from the fences you travel.

I was out at Emirisa also and noticed out your way and there, that plants are a little ahead of my garden, I guess you may have been a little milder in temps the last 10 days?

Re the Rhodie nursery, I can't buy anything, I have no room!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

You want to see no room, you should come over and look at my garden. A million pots of plants waiting to be planted, but where?

I don't know whether the temps were milder. It seemed cold to me, and we even had a light frost on Thursday morning, but that rain really started things growing and blooming like crazy. We might have better soil. It all used to be apple orchards and other types of farmland. Also, it's not built up as densely as Rohnert Park. Most of the houses here were built more than 40 or 50 years ago, so any construction waste is long gone.

I love Emerisa Gardens. They have the lowest prices anywhere on alstroemeria, and so many different varieties.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.