This is part of the new gardening tactic (going xeriscape)

Mesilla Park, NM

trying to anyway. The last flooding we had almost had me planting tropicals, but then I remember the summer heat here. That mound is decomposed granite. Hopefully that fence will keep some of the water out..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

bed number 2. this is the other half of the yard, we still need to make the DG (decomposed Granite) paths.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

One more of the inside garden, closer to the house. These were put in about two weeks ago, maybe a little less. I sure hope they can take some sun. OOOps, I have to remove that small fountain out of the cactus..

Thumbnail by Gourd
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Wow, Gourd, it looks great. Love the mounding part -- will keep that in mind when we start on our "preserve" where all the weeds are now! We're planting natives on most of our land, except for some fruit trees, veggies, and potted stuff on the terrace.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW, so much room to plant in. I wish you good luck. What fun to start from scratch. How hot does it get in the summer?

Is that orange flower in the first picture a cactus?

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Kell,
The orange flower is ice plant, I have it in hanging baskets, they are so bright. There is alot of room to plant, but my back and neck are taking it's toll on me. There is another acre & 1/2 full of weeds that needs to be mowed down. The weeds are so tall that they mush up in the lawn mower, not to mention muddy..lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.