A few of my blooming plants this week

Mesilla Park, NM

After all the rains, this is what is blooming this week. This plant has hundreds of buds. Last year it only had a few.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This thing is full of buds, but you can only see one open right now. The other side of it is full of red buds. rattail cactus

Thumbnail by Gourd
Rohnert Park, CA(Zone 9a)

Anthriscus sylvestris ‘Ravenswing’ and daylilies are showing some life

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

a few friends

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Osteospermum pushing up through Musk Rose, Penelope

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

Spanish Lavender

Thumbnail by Chilidawg

tete a tete against a dead birch drilled by woodpeckers and coming down in bits and pieces

Thumbnail by Chilidawg
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Lovely pictures!
I have been enjoying my Lilac that bloomed for the first time since I got it 3 years ago, my spanish Lavender, pansies & all the perennial groundcovers like Lobelia & Rock soapwort that have been blooming all winter long. And of course we cannot forget the alyssum that is a year around pleaser.
I just wish it would stop raining so I could go back out & play. :~(

Northern California, CA

Well you could come to my house and make LOTS of mudpies. I am also very very very tired of the rain. :(

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, there is no shortage of mud here either. I cannot believe how saturated everything is. Just nowhere for it all to go. I think I have lost at least one of my abutilon trees that have been in my front beds for years. Very depressing.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Me too. My backyard is just so wet. It won't soak in anymore. We really need some sun!!

I just love all your pictures Gourd. Sounds like your yard loved all the rain.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Living on a steep hillside does have its advantages. The rocky soil dries out pretty fast and the sandy soil even faster. By tomorrow if it does not rain today it will be workable. A few areas will compress a little if you were to walk on them but everything else will be firm.

Mesilla Park, NM

Chilidawg, what great pictures.. love your name too.

Thanks everyone, will try to give you a tour of the back yard from wet to dry..lol Still alot of weeds back there. this is just a photo to give you an idea of how much water comes into this area (five times these past couple of months)... still wet and it dries just enough to get some work done, then it rains again.

well, I am having trouble posting photos, will try again later.

Mesilla Park, NM

This is the amount of water that has been coming into this area. Sorry if these photos are repeats, I posted them on another forum.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is part of that area today.. still wet, but workable. Looking at the backside of the house.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Aloes blooming

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is the backside of the Aloes..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Path going to the house

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Agaves, lost several to rott.. hopefully these will multiply this year.. That block fence is new.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

I love your aloes! They look awesome...the blooms are beautiful! Blue elf right? If not...do you know what kind? Any hummer activity?

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

This message was edited Mar 24, 2005 12:46 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

backyard without water, still wet

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is the path going towards the arbor. This area was full of water and all the bark/mulch floated away. This is fresh stuff. I have daylillies lining the pathway, but it was when I started gardending that I put them in and did not know they needed full sun.. oh well. I still do alot of dumb things.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.