Wanda's Little Irises, Part 2

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Last one was getting a bit long for dial-up users. Let's see what you have cooking ~

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

thank you this is nice and fresh to start on .

have a bunch of Dappled Pony will bring To MO round up it is a doll of a MTB iris and grows & grows and blooms its head off .

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I hear Starr likes dappled ponies!

yes she dose i know she will want to grow it .

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

You are right! She does like Dappled Ponies and she Would like to grow it.... ;)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Tazzy--can you save some Dappled Pony for ME??? Please, please?
looking for more MTBs . What can I trade you? Daylilies or iris? I' ll try to get a list together for you of extras. The pics will be on that CD I sent you.

saving ponies for Star and Wanda

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

So we really can tell you to 'hold your horses'?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL, you have always been able to say that to me....
(of course, that doesn't mean I will actually DO it...) ;) heh heh

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I've always suspected as much. ;)

open door, and in pops Moby ,she is fast today ?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Some days! Other days, I'm a little slow on the uptake...

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

We understand and love you even on the slow days ;)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gosh, thanks Starr... sniff...

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, it's nutten.... BTW, did ya see that I started two threads today for the MORU? I am getting good at this... lol... next thing ya know, I will be getting into trouble by running my mouth when someone isn't nice and all kinds of stuff.... oops... I already did... it must be the loss of nicotene from my system... I wonder if there has been any studies of the personality changes in folks who quit? I am normally so meek and mild... )

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

"We all go a little mad...sometimes." ;)

And some of us old ones doze off and miss all the fun. ...

Next time, somebody give me a call & I'll KICK my family off the computer so I can get my licks in! I've only gotten funny emails & "private" additions/comments to our little Club.

In the rest of the world, "women of a certain age" are valued for their knowledge and experience. In America we ladies hit 40 and they expect us to grab a shawl and a rocking chair. If we lose a body part to the big "C" or are otherwise slowed down, SOME would throw us on the scrap heap.

The Naked Lady Club was merely a way to express the fact that not only are we 40+ ladies happy, but we celebrate life in all its forms. NO! We will not go quietly into the night. We will run around screaming & laughing and celebrating to the end. Want to join us?

i got g- string and my Garfield doll and i may even finger how to put g-sting on this guitar before I'm 70 years old but i do like my rocker i set in it and
study for by brain surgery license .And why not ? i can if i want to . All thing are possible if you hang in there ?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

RAH RAH Siss Boom BAH!!! You Go Girls!!! Yes, all things are possible!! Celebrating is Good!!!!

I right here following along... and if you have read any my comments on the hibiscus co-op you know I haven't gone quietly into the night... I bad?

you bad ? i think not ? two of my mother saying that i did not total ignore was
"never ague with a fool they will make one out of you '
and " i will suffer no fools at any time ''Well she had three " Only thing worse than a lier is a poor lier "

why is your mother smarter every year you live ?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't know but she is (smarter)!!! Yours, too! and I like your Mom's sayings... they are all too true...

Mama says that everything you do "comes back 3 times"--evil or good. I think I prefer good.

Life is too short --I like to share my toys & play nice.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Wanda, you was raised right and that is why you are such a fine person!!

So true Wanda your mothers' saying is the one i have used on mine and all the Grand- brats

You know, when I was a teen I was ashamed of my Mom. She wasn't fashionable and 8 kids stretched the budget considerably so we wore alot of hand me downs. But Mom & Dad loved us and taught us to care about others who had less than we had.

I'm a bit older now and find that the morals,optimism & Faith our parents installed in us were far better gifts than fancy clothes or toys. I pray that we can raise our children as well as my parents did.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

What a wonderful tribute, Wanda!! I am sure you will!!

WELL SAID;
AND DITTO ON KIDS AND GRAND KIDDS .
oh no i had sticky keys again

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

doncha just hate when that happens? that also happens here when my grandkids have been playing games on my puter... ;)

Tazzy--how about a REAL on-topic question (Absolutely Shocking here in DG!)

I'm about ready to take my new baby iris that have been potted in the basement outside. Lots of gree. How do I harden them off to 40 degree weather or do I wait?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Wanda,

If I were you, I'd wait until after all danger of frost is passed before planting those babies out. Last year when I had a bunch of irises in pots overwintered in my basement, I hardened them off by putting them out in the sun for 1 hr the first day, 2 hrs the second day, 3 hrs the third day, and so on. After a week, I just left them out full-time. I didn't get around to actually planting them in the garden until early Aug!

Laurie

Okay--I can do that! Not that many of them to move around---- I'm widening beds & moving back rows of daylilies & iris as I add more tall lilies. These little babies will need to be in front rows, and I'm not sure where my front rows are going to be yet! Last frost is April 30, so I guess they will just have to bloom in the pots if they want to bloom this year!

Any buds on yours?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

GLITTER BIT's stalk still hasn't broken through its fan, but it's coming!

RED HEART *might* be pregnant, or it *might* just be wishful thinking on my part. Still too early to tell on that one.

If Red Heart blooms like it's pics, I think I'll be in love.... We gardeners are a patient lot, aren't we?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Iris gardeners in colder climates have to be particularly patient because irises sometimes need a longer season that we can provide to mature increases to blooming size in one year. That's what I love about the smaller beardeds. They mature to blooming size much more quickly than TBs, so I get more reliable bloom from them.

I agree on RED HEART. I'm an absolute sucker for spot patterns!

Laurie

Do you have Urban Star?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Klamath Falls, OR(Zone 6a)

I put out a pot of TB's that had been snuggled in a warm plant room too quickly and the bud that had come out on Aztec Burst just shriveled up and died. I'd be surprised if I get any blooms this year from any of those that were overwintered inside. Sigh.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

No, I don't. It's ADORABLE! (hint, hint)

Laurie

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have ordered a lot of dwarf iris this spring. I love those little guys! But this isn't one I ordered! I see a trade somewhere down the road! (I hope!)

deb

I'm hoping to do iris inventory this weekend & I'll see if i can do anything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.