who's started their veggie garden so far

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

paani, that looks great! By the way, I have those Tashkent marigold seeds finally, so let me know if you want some.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Here's my garden - just got the second one going a few weeks ago. Tomatoes, radishes, beans and peppers. The herbs on the right were started last year. - Flip

Thumbnail by aries44
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that's sharp looking, no weeds LOL

kathy

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

aries..... Beautiful garden spot!! Best of luck!!

LarryD

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Kathy, what are weeds? LOL They're not allowed in my little garden!

Thanks, Larry. It's been a trial this spring but we're moving on. Good luck with yours. I know you've got a lot going on in your Philly gardening area this year.

Flip

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh yeah, you just tell them to scoot on out of there ha? maybe I need to do that, cause they all scooted over here. LOL

Cowichan Valley, BC(Zone 8b)

kathy_ann,

I didn't have any weeds either, until I started posting all those unknowns on the ID forum.... I don't know if that's aries44's trick or not, but since you already know you've got some, I suspect it's too late for you to try it !!

zeppy, I'll send you mail :-)

Whitney Point, NY(Zone 4b)

Here in central NY, the weather has been incredible. It was dry enough to till the garden this weekend, which puts me several weeks ahead of schedule!!

I'm growing for market this year, for the first time. I planted two 16' rows of peas yesterday, one is sugar snap and the other is oriental snow peas. Today I will plant beets, chard, rutabagas, radish and broccoli de rapa. I have tomato seedlings everywhere! Cabbage and 6 varieties of lettuce are in the coldframe. I pruned all the fruit trees yesterday, as well as mulched the blueberry bushes. We cleaned the chicken coop and sheep/goat shed, and now have two mountains of poopy bedding which will be added to the garden beds in October, then tilled in the spring. Life is good!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd absolutely love to hit a market with unusual veggies in there, our closest one is 45 min away, and i'm gonna start hitting it this year, I don't have enough space fixed up for growing for market, or the time, you guys are fantastic to grow for market purposes, that takes alot of time and effort.

kathy

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Here's my rhubarb which has grown to an enormous size. Is rhubarb havestable through the summer or just a spring crop?

Thumbnail by emilyrasmus
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I harvest mine twice a year....late spring and late summer. The summer harvest is less tastey and a bit woodier (sort of)......freezes well for those winter 'crisps' :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.