I broke it's poor liitle head off.................

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

So stupid me, while clearing old mulch away I managed to break the sprouting head off of one of my Stargazers....any chance it will regrow and bloom later this year?

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Probably not, but if it had not put out a lot of growth, it should regrow next year. Sorry to hear.
Check walmart or home depot. Both have 6 packs of stargazers available at really good prices, now (in our area atleast).

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Rikerbear, was it emerged up from the ground and leaves showing?
You won't get blossoms this yr, but bulb might survive if not too many of the leaves attached to the stem were broken off.

Hope I made my self clear?

Maxine

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the replies. Not what i wanted to hear, but what I expected. ;-(
Looks like I gotsta be more careful around all my others.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow, how'd you have a stargazer coming up so early? I have some orientals that have shorn their tips, but mostly Asiatics so far. I have broken them off digging in the dirt before though :-(

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I wasn't expecting it to be there so was not being as carefule as I should have been. It's planted in one of my large raised retaining wall planters, so the soil must be warmer than ground level.
My asiatics and orientals are not up yet and they are all in the ground proper.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

You might even have some bulbils from it. That sometimes happens with lilies when their top is chopped. Be interesting to see. In any event, your bulb should greatly increase, as it doesn't have to expend energy blooming.

Inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.