Lychee

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I bought a lychee a little over a year ago and even though it is only about 3 ft tall, it is covered with flowers. Don't know if it will set fruit this year or not but I am excited just to get flowers already.
I don't remember which one this is. I have to check the tag. I bought 2 different varieties but the second one didn't survive.
Jan...

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

You'll have to post photos of the blooms. I love lychee fruit and would love to have a tree, but it wouldn't live through its first winter here. I didn't have the room for it in California. Good luck with your tree.
BettyDee

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi BettyDee,
I will post some pictures. The blooms are relatively small in clusters and there are tiny bees working them like crazy. This is the first lychee I have tried to grow but I'm considering getting another for the back yard. This one is in the front yard. I love lychees too but you can only get them like 1 month out of the year and they cost quite a bit. I've also heard they don't alway bear every year so I'm thinking that perhaps if I plant one this year, they may produce in alternate years if not every year.
Jan...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.