somewhat of newbie

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I hope to get to know those of you in the propogation forum this spring. I am blessed or cursed to have 2 streams on my property. The tiny one originates in the forest behind our barn and flows near my flower beds. This gives me a constantly wet and damp area. That is the blessing. The curse part is that this stream can become a torrent and wash everything that floats away. I have a couple plans to overcome that. I would like to root some Rose of Sharon, spirea, tulip tree. Anyone know the time of year to do this?

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

Hey Charlotte, The best time is when you can make cuttings with green wood. You might want to check out the kinds of plants that will grow in bog areas such as sycamore, willow, sarracena, some hydrangeas and hybiscus. There is a whole new world out there for wet land plants. Jessamine

Byron, GA

Charlotteda,

Check out Gunnera Manicata in the plant files. They like boggy places and it is a perennial. Expect them to be BIG. I've heard them called "Dinosaur Beds". Never grown them before but have one on order and some seeds coming.

Digs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.