More heuchera temptation, anyone seen the 2005 intros?

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

http://www.terranovanurseries.com/pages/new_2005/new_2005-2.html

Would someone PLEASE do a coop? The two retail outlets in Colorado don't stock much! Peachy Keen, and Sparkling Burgundy are calling my name.

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

'Hollywood' and 'Starry Night' are screaming mine! I LOVE Heucheras! I'm in if someone will do it.... Karen :~D

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

'Peachy Keen', 'Peach Flambe', 'Chinook' - I just love these orange, red, pink, tan thing they are doing so well now in Heuchera-land. I love my 'Amber Waves', but some of these seem even more colorful!! Co-op sounds good, someone will get the urge to do one.....hopefully...:)
Jamie

Thumbnail by jamie68
Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

Uh, Jamie? You're closest!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i second a co-op. i have lime rickey, amber waves and sunspot. i would love to add sparkliing burgundy, starry night, and stoplight. belinda

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

I would love a co-op too. I am getting into the heucheras. I have several, but I love the new ones.

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Will Terra Nova sell to a coop? I just die every time I visit their site! I want one of everything.......k

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

check this out. http://www.lucsperennialworld.com/heuchera/ and
http://www.theprimrosepath.com/

This message was edited Mar 13, 2005 4:40 PM

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

Gee, Thanks, Belinda. You are NOT helping my budget at all!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

your welcome! mine has been shot from daylily co-op's, dahlia co-op and that doesn't include daylilies, irises, and shade plants i have order. belinda

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Check this website out for heuchera!! I have several different kind and have a bunch of new one's comming this spring!!!! Jadare has alot of the new one's that you guy's have mentioned in the above post's! I know her plant's are good because I have been buying from her for a while (2-3 year's) on e-bay!

Her new store has some of the newer one's that I can not get at the local nursery!

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/3882/

sue

This message was edited Mar 14, 2005 6:24 PM

Thumbnail by ruby42

I also have to add this website, if you order from this company you will get BIG healthy plant's!!!!!

http://www.perennialnursery.com/plantinfo/heuchera.html
http://www.perennialnursery.com/plantinfo/tiarella.html

This message was edited Mar 14, 2005 6:39 PM

Thumbnail by ruby42
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks, sue! great website. i like heucheralla strike it rich gold and sunspot, hechera dolce peach melba. have you ordered any of her other plants?belinda

double post.... sorry!!!!!!

This message was edited Mar 14, 2005 6:37 PM

I have ordered lot's of other perennial's from her over the past few year's and ALL have been nice size and really healthy!!!

Check out the color of this one!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20529&item=4363813923&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

I also order plants from Jadare...I have 5 or 6 different NEW Heuchera in my huge order to be delivered in April...can't wait!!!
I keep seeing them in nurseries, or on websites, and thinking "already have that one coming":) I have the new beds all amended and ready....
Great websites everyone!!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i have several tiarella, really like neon lights. obsidian is pretty, going to check out her website. belinda

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Jamie,

So glad for the reminder.....I buy from Amber at Jadare every year. I thought she was down to only seeds for the winter.

Spring must be soon.

Molly

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Drooling here! Have to go change my shirt now! LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Molly,

Love meeting a fellow Jadare-buyer! She has been adding tons of new stuff for sale or auction for about a month. Isn't it hard to look and not buy from her...such great selection, often really new varieties and cultivars, and the prices...WOW!!! Then the plants come, and they are the size of plants you would pay 2-3 times as much in a nursery, or more. Love JADARE!!!

Have a great day!
Jamie

Jamie,

You are absolutely right, hard to resist. Last October I received a huge box with 30 paid for plants and several freebies as well. I figured that should do it, I have no more ground space.

Since I posted yesterday, I have not gone to look at her plants, but I will, you know I will.

Also, did you know you can order plants from her away from ebay? She has a place, unusally a link on some of her listings, that has the listings of plants and the prices. Of course anything she sells off ebay, she avoids those sales charges.

I'll bet you I bought a dozen Violas, different hybrids last fall. I planted them in various places. I now have to move the ones that didn't like certain places and put them in the better location.

So much gardening, keeping me from my paying jobs.

Molly

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Well , after reading all your posts , I had to place an order with Jadare for
Huchera's. I was thrilled that they had most of the brand news one's to offer . I can hardly wait to get them.

Patricia

Patricia,

Gotchya!!!!!!
Welcome to the Amber Club!!!!

Molly
:^)))))

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the welcome Amber. I don't know why I haven't been on this site before. I have been a member of Daves for several years. I spend most of my time on the Brugmansia forum.

Patricia

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Molly,
I buy some plants straight from Ambers site, bid on others on e-Bay...have gotten great deals on wonderful plants both ways...Amber never disappoints!! My April shipment is up to around 40 plants, and still adding a few more choice things...:)

Patricia~ You will love the plants you ordered from Amber ...and most likely be back for more. The health and size of Jadare plants can NOT be beat, and the prices are so fair!! Which Heuchera did you get?? I have 5 or 6 new ones on the way....am sooo excited!!
Jamie
ps. these are some Jadare plants from an earlier shipment growing like crazy last year...:)

Thumbnail by jamie68

Jamie,

Those look great! I went over there and looked last night, 10 pages of plants and seeds. I put 18 on my watch list. Mostly because I need to come to my senses and think about where I would put all those.

I received a bunch of catalogs the other day. I don't usually look at them because I have Jadare, but I looked last night. I was about ready to order some stuff with the tempting coupons they send, then looked at the garden watchdog on the companies ratings. One was really really bad, the others were good, but they are all affiliated. So, catalogs in the recyle bin now.

Maybe I could find the space for just a few.........
Molly

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

What a great website. I found so many must haves! I thought I was done (yah right) buying plants this spring!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love to find a spot for some of these. I like the lime ricky very much.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Jamie, I ordered Heaucheraq's Dolce Cream Brulee, Dolce Key Lime Pie, Dolce Peach Melba, Marmonic Convergence, Marmalade, Obsidian ,Snow Angel, and sunspot. I am so excited to find a new place to order from.

Patricia

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Have any of you noticed a green-leaved, white flowering Heuchera on those sites? 'White Lace', 'Autumn Bride', 'June Bride', etc...

Hey check out this link for cultivar descriptions!

http://www.lucsperennialworld.com/research.html

Karen

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Patricia~

I ordered most of those same varieties except for 'Snow Angel' and 'Sunspot', I also ordered"Amber waves', 'Bressingham Flair', and 'Amethyst Myst'. I am sooo excited to get this order, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Is it April yet??? :)

In this pic one of these plants is Heuchera 'Amethyst Myst' planted last year, it has tripled in size and is the most wonderful shade of burgandy, with silver overlay...LOVE it!! Had to order another from Jadare...:)
Happy Gardening!
Jamie

Thumbnail by jamie68
Atchison, KS(Zone 5b)

Okay, I am hooked. I just went to her Ebay site and will have to become a customer. I have got to quit coming to this site in the mornings!!!!!!!! I am always close to being late for work! Mikey

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

I know, isn't it a delicous sickness, this plantoholic syndrome...:)
You will not be sorry though, can't go wrong with Jadare plants, or Amber...both are a joy ! Let us know what you get....

Happy Gardening!!
Jamie

ps...more Jadare plants including Heuchera 'Amber Waves' as a just planted wee one...

Thumbnail by jamie68

Jamie,

You got them already? I ordered the fanfare. I received some Fanfare seeds but haven't been able to get the to germinate, so looking forward to getting the plant.

Really great things.

Molly

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Here is a photo of Amethsyt Myst taken this past weekend at the Tulsa Flower and Landscaping Show.

Thumbnail by smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

And here is Plum Pudding....

Thumbnail by smiln32
Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Jamie,
Amber Waves looks great with Fanfare. They really compliment each other.
I ordered Dolce Creme Brule, Amethest Mist, Snow Queen, Obsidian, and Lime Rickey. I also have Caramel and Frosted Violet on order from other growers. I got Marmalade in the fall.
I really liked Jadare's selection of geraniums, too.
Can't wait!

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

Has anyone done a heuchera co-op before? If so, who did you use. Are terranova's plant big?

Atchison, KS(Zone 5b)

Jeezzzzzzzzzzzzz I have to stay away from this website. Just bought from Jadare also, can't wait! Mikey

I finally closed out my order with Amber and she mentioned all yall and how much she appreciates our business.

Now I can't wait for the plants to get here.

Molly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.