Welcome to the Michigan gardening forum!!

By extremely popular request ;-)

dave

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Dave thanks so much and everyone that helped us get this new forum.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Congrats., Michigan!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

YEAH DORI!!!! We are on the map......Thank you Dave........We are a unique bunch of gardeners......

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Yahoo - we made it!!!! Thanks to everyone!!

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dave

Paul

East Lansing, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dave and everyone that contributed. Another Limelight 4 o'clock and nolana seed germinated today. The sun did shine today in spite of what the weather forecaster predicted. The daily snow removal seems to be getting much more easy. I look foreward to hearing from any of you who are willing to make this earth a better place to live.

Hobart, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh wow, thanks so much, Dave!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dave I think I will really need this
Dimme
PS Wrong date sorry

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Congrats on your new forum, Michiganders!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Yippee!! Congratulations all you Michiganders!!

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dave!! From another Michigander!! Hi all you Wolverines!!
Bonnie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dave!!!!

Cindy

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dave!

Brenda

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

This is neat to have. Thanks Dave

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dave! :))

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dave for the forum.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dave !! And thanks Dori for the email. I have been so busy getting the inside of the house done so I am ready to get working outside when the weather gets better I almost missed this.
Sandy

Plymouth, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dave I think this will be a great forum with lots of great gardeners!
meem

Also new to the forum and this site!! Finally a place to exchange our area knowledge. (The good, bad and the ugly!)

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Welcome Cindy.

Paul

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

thanks again Dave !! welcome everyone !!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Cindy.......welcome to the Michigan forum........I'm zone 5 in the Tawas/AuGres area.....

Deann

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Cindy,

I'm in Garden City and we also have a second place in Au Gres.

Brenda

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Cindy, from another Cindy.

Livonia, MI(Zone 6a)

Dave, this is what sold me on a subscription.
First post for me.
My location in Livonia, MI has a small river "Bell Creek"
running thru my backyard. I'm new to the wetlands gardening
but did establish a nice wildflower bed in what was once an
area of my lawn that I hated to mow due to an almost always
pool of standing water. It's much better now.
Now I'm planning on expanding it to help with riverbank erosion.
looking forward to participating in the forum
Gary
photos at webshots
http://community.webshots.com/user/tnorton2100

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Gary welcome to the site we are glad to have you here!!! Isnt it great to have our own lil corner! :)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Gary........Welcome to the Michigan Forum. I took a peek at some of your photo's and noticed some familiar landmarks.....The next time your in the Tawas's, check out the flower sites in and around the two towns. My Garden Club made them, and we also maintain them. I live in AuGres/Tawas area, and the East Branch of the AuGres River runs through my property for a bout a mile. I am guessing your a fishermen and like to trout fish. The next time your up in "God's Country", stop by my place. We have 200 acres to room in here with trails all through the property.

Check out the Plant Exchange Thread, Paul is having a great one in the downriver area next week you may want to go too. If I did not live so far, and gas was not so expensive, you can bet your boots I would be going myself. If you have some pets, take some pictures and put them on the Pet Thread.

Again, a real warm welcome Gary.....glad you found us.

Deann

Livonia, MI(Zone 6a)

It must have been the M55 Sign Ö¿Ö
I do like to fish!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gary.....So you work for a airline at Metro....mmmmmmmmm....wonder what airline that could be....*g*......I worked at the airport myself.....I was the Sales & Catering Manager at Marriott/Host. If you were part of that union that held your meetings in the Garden Rooms off of the concord, I arranged that. Trying to remember your union guys name now. I have since retired from there, and sad to say, it looks like Marriott is gone from the airport also. I knew alot of folks from your airline as well as county people. Was there each time there was tragedy at the airport, and our meeting rooms were set for the press, etc.
Deann

Livonia, MI(Zone 6a)

Union IAM, I've been to meetings there.
My friend Rick Ring was a manager for Host/Marriott/Skychef
for a while. do you know him? It was brobably in the late 90's

Gary

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gary.......His name does not ring a bell.....I left Host/Marriott when I retired in 1995......Jack Vogel was the big Kahuna for Host then.....and skychief had already left the area behind the employee's cafeteria....I knew Carolyn who was your station mgr.'s secretary, as I was always dealing with her whenever Jack needed to travel as he was always looking for a first class seat. We also had the Garden Rooms for Pilots and the flight attendants meetings too.....I have been gone now ten years, and sad to say my memory has failed me with names....I am sure if I sat down and talked about it, it would all start coming back to me. But lets face it....working at the airport was a subculture of its own....like an extended family. When ever I fly out of there, I run into a lot of employee's who worked for me and remembered me. That is nice.....

Livonia, MI(Zone 6a)

I'm working on year 29 there now,
I'ts not looking good. Bush wants to cut off Social Security for me - 1954 circa
NW wants to terminate our defined pension plan.
One of my good friends at United Airlines just quit after 27 years there.
United basically terminated all ground employees pension plan.
the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp will assume the plan and pay
retirees at a reduced rate. Story http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1110571115.html
She thinks it will be less than $100/mo. I'm planning on zero from NW
a far cry from what I was told when hired in 1977. The only thing that keeps me there now
is 6 weeks vacation a year. That would be hard to negotiate with a new employer.
The problem, airfares today are less than when I started working in this industry
in 1974. crude oil price in 1974 about $20 barrel today $52 ish.
sample fares available today on LCC, no frills like advance seat assignment.
Cleveland, OH
$34 one-way, to/from Baltimore/Washington Int'l, MD
$34 one-way, to/from Chicago Midway, IL
$99 one-way, to/from Little Rock, AR
$109 one-way, to/from Los Angeles, CA
$104 one-way, to/from San Diego, CA
Cleveland - Detroit was $52 one-way when I started working in 1974
End of my rant for today

(I did love those baked goods from the employee cafeteria)

Big lady Liz? dishing out the stuff

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

OH my god Gary....I remember LIz...such a sweetheart....Did you ever come to the Physic fairs we had for fundraisers for Children's Miracle Network in the Garden Rooms......You probably remember lots of folks at the InnKeeper too....Times sure have changed....My daughter worked for Delta. She started at Detroit...back in 70's....Was Joe Pavco's (station mgr) Secretary, and then got promoted to Credit Union Mgr to Cinncee airport...She married a pilot and he just retired from Delta two years ago....they are having problems too.(Delta)...he got smart though...took his retirement in lump sum as his pension is kinda iffy too.....I empathize with you guys...I really do....see alot of stuff come and go..still trying to remember that guy from your union I use to deal with....thinking he may have been transferred to Minn.

Do you remember the Strawberry Cream Cake that Lucille use to make ....and huge Muffins....looking back now, that had to be the best bake shop going....

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gary,

My nephew works for NW. Do you know Russ Delaney?

Brenda

Livonia, MI(Zone 6a)

Deann, I consumed many slices of that Cake, Plus a ton of pancakes from there.

Brenda

I don't think that I know Russ, There was another Delaney that passed away years ago.
An annual Golf Tournament is held by some of my coworkers for charity in his name.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.